“Terrible service,average food.Stay away from this place”
Review of Pivnice U Pivrnce

Pivnice U Pivrnce
Ranked #565 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: “U Pivrnce” was opened on 12th of December 1994. Since its establishment the restaurant was decorated with original paintings that displayed attitude and affection of Czechs towards their national drink. The pub was full of handpainted juicy jokes created by Petr Urban with beer as their main character. Unfortunately, due to the flood in 2002, most of the cartoons were destroyed and only two originals remained. In 2016, the restaurant went through major reconstruction which created an opportunity for Petr Urban to create new cartoons made on the wallpaper. Today, whenever the father of these cartoons comes for few pints of beer to “U Pivrnce” he adds new gags and messages as well as the visitors from all around the world.
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

After a long day in Prague,came across with this restaurant.

It looked really nice,as it had a lovely garden and it was crowdy.

Our waitress,she had curly red hair,was incredibly rude.

She didn't bother to give us the.menu,which we grabbed from a nearby table.

The food was average and a bit cold.The starter arrived after the main dish.There was a misunderstanding of our order and she brought us a side dish that we returned.

The toilets were filthy with no paper.

When we asked for a bill,she came with a calculator and a piece of paper where she had written down our order.She made the calculations announced us the price!!!

No receipt whatsoever!!The amount we have calculated to pay was far below.When we asked her the cost breakdown,she shouted at us.She screamed that her english is not good and she did not have time for this.

When we insisted,she calculated the amount we had to pay and explained us the cost.She has charged us the side dish,which we have returned.She hadn't explain is that would be charged for it anyway.That was a shame

She obliged us to pay 10% service,which we were not notified beforehand.

She yelled at us that if we didn't pay the side dish that will be deducted by her salary.

We paid everything but we didnt get a receipt.

We left this place disappointed.This was the most horrible experience we had in Prague.

Please do yourself a favour and avoid this place.

1  Thank Vassia P
There are newer reviews for Pivnice U Pivrnce

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I came to Pivnice U Pivrnice for a late lunch with a group of 8 people. I really loved the unique atmosphere of the place. It definitely wasn't classy but it was very different and I really liked it. First off I had excellent service, our waiter was friendly, fast, and helpful with recommendations. When my food arrived I was impressed with the presentation and it tasted amazing. I ordered the pork with gravy, sauerkraut, and dumpling style bread. Everything was delicious and everyone that I went with enjoyed their meals as well. The price was decent and there was plenty of seating. I guess I was lucky, looking at everyone else's reviews makes me say this because our experience was great.

1  Thank EatDrinkTravel2009
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Arrived here after our original plan was fully booked. Seemed ok from outside. The service was ok, attentive but not to much. However, the food here was actually aweful. We ordered 2 courses each and not one was nice. 1 looked and tasted like dog food. Hopefully this is not a reflection on the rest of prague

Reviewed 25 December 2012

We went to this place following the advice provided by TimeOut, but it turned up a horrible place.During our four days in Prague we visited four restaurants, including U Medoviku, Kolkovina and the other one which I cannot recall now. All the restaurants were fine, towards excellent. However, the experience with Pivnice was really bad. Firstly, the odour from toilets reaches the eating area in the basement, where presumably you have to enjoy your time. Secondly, the behaviour and general approach of waiters were unacceptable. Instead of taking care of customers they were sitting, smoking and chatting with some friends, who probably visited the place at that evening. Once we called them, their general attitude was very rude and unfriendly, creating an impression that they do not want to serve anyone. Despite that we made our order and in 5 minutes received, taken out of fridge and not even properly warmed, plate with pork, duck, cabbage and etc. The food was really uneatable. The good thing was that we did not order all the food at the same time. So, once we tried the food (cooked a day or more before our visit) we just left it, paying them and leaving the place within 15 minutes from our coming.

WE ARE A YOUNG COUPLE AND WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO HAVE A NICE TIME IN PRAGUE. AVOID!

1  Thank John198778
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I called in here with my partner without reviewing the bar first, as we were out and about in Prague and like eating in local establishments. I do not normally write bad reviews but on this occasion I will have to.

We ate downstairs and were served by a drunken female waitress. She was clearly drunk as she first of all was slurring her words, smelt of alcohol, dropped my cutlery on the floor and then managed to smash a bottle of tomato ketchup on the floor which splattered over my jeans and glass went all over the place. I could see the other staff members tidying up after her and it appeared they were very embarassed by her behaviour. I was under the impression it was not the first time and they were helpless to do anything.

Nevertheless, we had ordered a stew and dumplings times two and decided to stay. Upon the food arriving the same waitress dumped the food on the table and I noticed her thumb was sticking into one of the dumplings! Not very nice!

The food was not that good and to top it all off upon visiting the toilets, I had to wade through 2 inches of dirty water.
Could it get any worse? Well, yes.. Upon paying the bill, (the drunken waitress had gone home by now OR been sent home), I was charged an extra 50 kc for SERVICE!!! Amazing and yes I could have complained but to be honest, it was time to leave and I could not be bothered!
Do not go there is my advice...Having said that, the drunken female I would describe as mid twenties, wearing dark glasses may have been sacked, so it is up to you?

Take my advice and go somewhere else though as there are plently of other places nearby which are the same price but much much better..

2  Thank MartininYork