“A Bosnian restaurant in Prague”
Review of Gitanes

Gitanes
Ranked #784 of 5,507 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“A Bosnian restaurant in Prague”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It just so happens that Leone & Anna restaurant was located near the hotel I stayed at. After eating heavy meat for 2 days (all delicious, but just too much of it!), I fancied a fish and if you fancy it too, go to Leone & Anna. The trout was delicious! My colleagues were having cevapcici. I tasted them and they were the right stuff. Just as those in Bosnia. Compliments to the chef! Staff were polite and apologized sincerely when they forgot to bring me the starter that I ordered. In the end I got it on the house. Fair enough. Mistakes can happen to anyone. And we left them a tip so that they wouldn't think it was a bit deal. Their friendliness made up for it. I will definitely return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank fillout

• Czech first
  • Greek first
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Great service and ambience”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This specialises in "Yugoslavian" (or "Balkan" as they describe it) food and wine. So its different from the standard Czech fare - more mediterranean and kebabs. We were attracted by a live music group (jazz/folk) and an alcove for two that was very cozy. The Czech waiter was very helpful, persuading us towards very well priced house wines - the red is particularly good. Food was a little disappointing - lacking flavour somewhar - although the "sac" (slow cooked lamb or veal) was very good, and they served (and priced) a half portion. Overall we enjoyed the evening

• Visited May 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“relaxed early evening meal”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

we had an early meal - pasta bolognese - that was both tasty and plentiful. The staff were friendly and relaxed and service was very effiecient.

Visited April 2014
London
“A bit different!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had a nice meal at the restaurant. The waiter was welcoming and tolerant of my attempts to speak Czech! The restaurant served local dishes with a slight twist and we thought they were good! They kindly charged half price for a small portion for my son, so he had the whole adult menu to choose from - great! We loved the deco - my son particularly like the table on the ceiling!! It was a Lonely Planet recommendation which has never let me down yet! I would go back again.

• Visited April 2014
Borlange, Sweden
“A delite”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We randomly went to this restaurant and it was a very pleasant surprise. As a couple we had the chance to eat in a small private room. The food was very good and the service was irreproachable.
N.B : they don't take credit card.

• Visited March 2014