“Great Hotel, Excellent and Friendly Service!”
Review of Silenzio Hotel

Silenzio Hotel
Ranked #369 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Excellent and Friendly Service!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

1) Service: We were meant to stay in Summer 2013 but had to delay due to a passport issue. The hotel staff were very understanding and over several months of emails we were able to reschedule our visit to Spring 2014. They were great and had so much patience throughout while we sorted our plans, any other hotel would just have cancelled our booking! Thanks to them our holiday was saved.

2) Room: The hotel room was comfortable and clean and had everything we needed.

3) Location: Despite what taxi drivers might say the hotel is not far out and it is easy to get into the centre on a short tram/underground ride.

Overall it was a great sat and I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst at a business meeting (at the Hotel Diplomat). The taxi from the airport took about 20 minutes (if I remember correctly). Unfortunately the taxi got a little lost getting to the hotel but we had printed out a map of the area which helped. When we pulled up and left the taxi, at 10pm at night, we found ourselves facing a large gate with what looked like a haunted house behind it, and in the dark my colleagues and I were a little apprehensive about what we had booked. Alas, the gates opened and we walked down the drive to the very prettily lit, modern, hotel!

The room was modern, clean, comfortable, quiet and dark (important for a good night's sleep!). I could not work the air-con out at first but with a bit of fiddling I soon got it working (note to the hotel that it might be worth adding instructions for use). The wifi was great; easy to connect to and extremely clear when using it to call home. The bathroom had various vanity and wash things which is always great when inevitably you forget things. I loved the shower – I have stayed at many places recently where it is just a dribble – it was large and plenty of water coming out. My only negative for the room would be that there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room (note that was partly my fault for not checking it was available when I booked the hotel). There was a mini-bar that was good value though which I used.

Breakfast was self service with plenty to choose from. I stuck with cereal and toast but there was also cooked breakfast, ham and cheeses, pastries. The coffee and juice was good too.

The walk to the metro stop (and business meeting) only took 10 minutes. It was really easy to get the metro into the city centre so from my point it is in a great location (something I did not realise until I got here!). I must note that I was glad to be travelling with colleagues as to get to the hotel from the metro / main road you have to walk up an alley-way which, especially at night time in a strange city, felt a little un-nerving.

Overall, I would definitely consider returning to this hotel is I visited Prague again, particularly if I have another business meeting at the hotel diplomat (which is reportedly very expensive and very outdated). The price was incredibly reasonable for a 4-star hotel (£45/night) with cheap mini-bar, the location close to the metro, the room very clean, and the hotel staff very friendly and all spoke great English!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lianne-KF
HotelSilenzio, Manager at Silenzio Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Lianne-KF,

thank you very much for your recommendation. It was a pleasure to have such nice guest in our hotel. We are so happy to hear you were satisfied with all mentioned things. You are always welcomed in Hotel Silenzio!

Best regards,

Martina & Hotel staff
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel is north of town, but very close to main roads if you want to spend time in Old Town or downtown. I chose the location because I had planned to mainly spend time out of town, and for that the area is solid gold - it's very easy to get to and from the hotel by car, and it's close to major highways. If you're not driving, the location might be a bit inconvenient.

The room itself is very nice, comfortable and quiet. The free wi-fi worked well. Breakfast was AMAZING, definitely get up in time for breakfast. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Parking is a bit tight but there was always a spot somewhere; you just have to be creative sometimes.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great location - 10-15 min. walk to A-line metro station Dejvicka. Quiet neighborhood, gated location with free parking. Hotel is clean and very well maintained, interiors arranged with taste. Spacious rooms with air conditioning, fridge, nice desk that would suit well business traveler. WiFi is free and generally works fine, with intermittent outages. Some rooms on the top floor have nice terrace with view at green vicinity.
Staff was friendly and helpful, speaking good English, no communication problems.
Breakfast - variety of choices was adequate. The only issue I could be picky about is that breakfast is served in hotel lobby rather than in separate dining area.
In general, very positive impression, and 4-star rating is very well deserved.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We very much liked the location of the hotel. Although it was about 10min walk to the public transport, we enjoyed walking through green little alleys. Don't try to take your luggage up the hill though.
The hotel staff were friendly, rooms were clean and spacious and breakfast was good.
And the best was the price that was very reasonable...

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Arforgh
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Although it is hard to find if you're on foot, or public transportation, the hotel itself is really nice and once you find yourself around is really close from the metro

The room is charming and cozy and it has wifi! I definitely recommend it

• Stayed June 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This hotel is very nice with a good breakfast, clean rooms, helpful staff. Only drawback is that the access to the popular sights in town are a ways from the hotel. The access requires a walk to the metro and only two stops away to the tourist buses, and shopping.

Room Tip: No comments