“Perfect old town location in the centre of Prague.”
Review of U Medvidku

U Medvidku
Ranked #69 of 711 Nightlife in Prague
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We booked here for 4 nights,bed and breakfast.
This brewery hotel is central to all the main sirtes to visit,only 5 minutes walk to Wencelos Square,10 minutes walk to Charles bridge.
The brewery does tours,brewing Oldgott,5.2 percent,so a good night cap.
Large cellar style resteraunt,serving big meat dishes in traditional style.
Reception staff so helpfull,rooms bed rooms large and cleaned daily,spotless.
Overall,perfect location with many resteraunts around the block on Rodni street.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"oldgott"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Third trip to Prague stayed here once before. Wish we could have got booked here again. Had a lovely meal here totally recommend the boar.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Had 1466 and oldgott – did not like either. Missing taps, not much selection. Bar tender seemed pu-off that we were there.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

My wife and I stopped off for a drink in U Medvidku on the recommendation of a friend, who had eaten here and enjoyed the beer on many visits. The restaurant / micro-brewery is centrally located, just off Narodni a few minutes walk from the National Theatre.

It was a long walk around the building to get to the restaurant part, which was fairly quiet when we visited, but the food being served on a table near us looked good. I tried X33 which claims to be the 'world's strongest beer' although technically it is a lager (12.6%) and the record is based on the strength of the wort, not the final product. It was expensive but had to be tried. They also have a shop and I bought some beer brandy to take home.

I cannot comment on the food quality as we didn't eat here, but it's an interesting place that's full of character, and I feel is worth a visit if in the city.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

A group of 8 of us arrived (without reservation due to the fact that most places are accomodating and with guidance of the app) around 6:30pm. We were greeted by the host with a warning welcome (warmer than most of Prague) but told that we must go to the back because they are busy. We then walked and walked and walked. Finally rested on a table having all the waiters ignore us. After about 10 mins when I was trying to get service or even someone to tell us that we were correct in sitting there a waiter walks up to us tell us the seat is for "groups" and that we must move somewhere else.
I understand it is a somewhat "local" place to eat but we were looking for an authentic feel to the city. Being greeted with the worst rudeness ever experienced in my entire travels.
So. Book first. Apparently?
We then found a smaller bar hall and had a better evening. Lesson learnt. Oh and don't eat the pretzels.