Open today: 17:00 - 01:00
Review Highlights
Cool drinks, nice atmosphere

Well, although we know that Hemingway himself never has been to Prague nor Czechia or whatever the... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Tom L
Oslo, Norway
Perfect cocktails

Such a cool space! Two floors of period atmosphere, very speak-easy. House cocktails and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Elizabeth J
Kingsville, Texas
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Prague
More Info
2,559 results
All reviews great cocktails signature cocktails amazing bar cool bar visiting prague mixology
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2019

We came to Hemingway Bar because we had read in Drinks International that it was ranked #24 of the best 50 bars in the world. I mean, you basically have to go, right?

Hemingway Bar was barely a block away from the Beer Spa so it was a nice and easy walk. You can only make reservations via phone and we didn't want to pay international prices to call from the US so we never made one but despite that, we easily got a seat (though they were pretty full already) on a Wednesday around 6:15pm.

We had read somewhere that they were cash only but when we got there, we realized we didn't have a lot of cash left at that point. When we inquired with the waiter, he gave us a quizzical look and said they took cards (and they did).

We asked the waiter what he would recommend and after some figuring out what type of drinks we like, my husband got their signature negroni (it wasn't on the menu anymore) and I got some sort of fruity julep-type drink. Both were amazing, though my husband said his was just basically a regular negroni (he drinks them regularly so I trusted what he said). We only got one drink each and we were in and out within an hour.

Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

This bar is a real gem in Prague. It has fantastic cocktails which are unique and inventive to this venue and the bar tenders have so much knowledge and expertise to help create your perfect drink.
My only suggestion is book before you go as it does it get booked up quickly..!
An excellent bar though and a must see when I Prague!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

Very service oriented staff, everyone greeted one and asked how it was several times. The drinks were different and cool. The staff told us about every drink you ordered, as a little story. The only negative was the wait before getting in, we had to wait 30 minutes so I suggest booking a table if you wanna go here, I totally recommend going here

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank Nillvar
Reviewed 7 October 2019

I sat at the bar on 2 nights during my time in Prague in September with my mom (mother daughter trip). Definitely call for a reservation, or ask what time they accept walk-ins. Any drink on the menu is terrific, and the bartenders have no attitude or pretension, yet they are very knowledgable. If you have the words to tell them what you want in a cocktail, let them make you something fabulous! If for some reason you don't like it, I know they would make it right, but I can't imagine Martin or George making anything that isn't delicious. Also, in terms of price, these cocktails are a great deal if you live in one of the more expensive cities in the USA, Canada, or Britain. Na zdraví (cheers to your health) Martin and George!

Reviewed 7 October 2019 via mobile

We had fantastic experience at the Hemingway Bar. We were served great tasting cocktails while sitting at the bar. The mixologists, Martin and George were extremely friendly and willingly made us cocktails off the menu. Thank you for a wonderful time.