“Try to find some other place to stay in”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Inturprag

Inturprag
Ranked #582 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Zagreb, Croatia
“Try to find some other place to stay in”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Let`s start with a few good things about this hotel, before I point out the bad stuff. First of all, the hotel is in the vicinity of Ceskomoravska metro station and you can get downtown in no time and without any trouble. There's also a nice shopping center in the nearby O2 arena, so my girlfriend had a pretty nice shopping spree the last day of our stay.

However, the hotel's breakfast buffet is the worst I've ever seen in any hotel, and I had stayed in the hotels of lower categorization than Inturprag. There's just bread, butter and some cooked stuff that I just couldn't recognize what it was supposed to be, so I didn't eat. Since I love orange juice for breakfast, I was shocked to see just a pot of some colorless liquid that had some potential to have a taste if just there wasn't about 8 times more watter in it than it was supposed to be, but it definately wasn't orange juice.

Also, I had booked two rooms and a parking spot more than six months before our arrival, and received a confirmation email from the hotel. When we arrived I asked about my parking spot and the guy at the reception told me there weren't any free spots. I explained that I made a reservation that was confirmed by the hotel and the guy continued to argue with me about the hotel's policy not to make reservations of parking places and that the e-mail confirmed only the booking of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

The building of this hotel is old, rooms passed renovation, i.e. new furiture, nice bathroom. We stayed in Comfort room, which is suspect to be better than regular, I think it was only a little bit bigger because it was situated in the end of the corridor.
Breakfast is served from 7 to 10, continental buffet, quality OK. The only things I can claim is poor quality tea and their refuse to prepair ham and eggs :)
Connection to the center is good, metro and two tram lines (for lovers of sightseeing) are approx. same distance 300 m from the hotel.
I should recommend this hotel for the people who want to spend all the day visiting "old stones" and use hotel only for sleeping. N.B. It is situated in previously industrial area, trere is still a factory on south side of the hotel - a slihgt noise from generator...
The staff at the reception was smart and helpful.
Igor, palisady@gmail.com

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side seems to be quieter - on the south side is a factory building with generator...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank igor p
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We spent lovely time in Hotel InturPrag! We stayed there in May 2013 in a „Comfort” room. Great location (metro station in the near). I was affraid about the O2 Arena is very close to the hotel and they had „Sensation” party that time, but luckily no noise came out.

At first sight I didn’t know what to expect: the reception is located on a narrow dark corridor. It took 10 mins for the lady to find our reservation, which is quite long time and we were a bit confused about it… But after we entered our room, we knew everything will be fine! It is a very basic, but totally CLEAN and PEACEFUL hotel with nice staff! For free wifi ask the receptionist!

We had breakfast in price, it was absolutely OK! Fresh bread, cold buffet, boiled egg, salads, scrambled egg with sausage & mushroom. For drink lemon water, tea, machine coffee.

I have to say, for that price it was totally great! I absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lsgary
Martin, Slovakia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Rooms were really old, but the beds and pillows were OK. We visited Prague for business and during the night I did some stuff on my laptop - I almost exploded because of their wifi (working 5 minutes, not working 25 minutes). Also guy from lobby was probably first day in his work (with all the respect).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was at the hotel with my wife a week ago. It's fairly clean but the room that we stayed in (number 15) smelled badly, probably because of the old parket floor.
Metro station is 5 minutes walk from the hotel so it took us 20 minutes to the center of the Prague.
In general, the hotel would be great if it wasn't for the smell.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank slackovic
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I went there with a big group of 20 people (it was not a school trip, we just happened to gather too much people willing to go :D). My group (5 people) was travelling by car, it's a good thing that hotel does have a parking lot, however you have to make a reservation for your parking space in advance and pay for it after you leave the hotel.

Hotel is about 3 minute walk from metro station Ceskomoravska where you can ride to the historic center of Prague. There is even a tram station near by Arena O2. You use that tram station if you must travel by night trams.

My friend and I were staying in a double bed room. Bathroom and bed were OK and you also have a TV (didn't watch it) and a mini bar. However, a HUGE flaw was a door (we couldn't open it) that apparently leads to the room next to you. Thankfully, a group of people that were staying in the room next to us was from our group so we could tell them to be more quiet. You can hear EVERYTHING from the room next to you just because of these doors between the rooms. I found this to be a big disadvantage, especially when you want to have a good night sleep. There were rooms in the hotel that didn't have doors between rooms, but we weren't that lucky to get one of those rooms.

Breakfast was a standard buffet, food was OK, however, don't expect too much if you get up too late in the morning.

Staff was a bit confused, for example, when we asked for our mini bar key, staff member had some difficulties to find our key, but they weren't rude or anything, they helped us if we needed any kind of information (for example, directions to somewhere in Prague).

For the price and the location (metro station near by) I can say that it's a good choice of a hotel in Prague, however, if you decide to go there, don't hesitate to ask for the room without the door between rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that doesn't have door that are actually connected to the room next door! You c...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TripsterPassingBy
Varese, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was in this hotel in April 2012. I've booked the hotel via a discount deals website for a ridiculous price, and that's why I didn't give it "two dots" as we've got enough for what we paid (69 Euro, 2 beds room for 3 nights).
The hotel in an industrial hood in the outskirts of the city, but still well served by the metro. From the metro to the hotel is about 5 minutes walking, maybe 10 if you're very slow.
The neighborhood looks like being an ex-industrial area, now undergoing severe recovery. Now you can see cranes (not the birds, but the machinery) all around and the factories looked quite dead.
The hotel itself is just average. It was clean with quite cold-but-collaborative personnel. What else? Unless you don't book a room from the third floor or above, you'll not have TV. The rooms don't have safe-box. The good is the free water in the hall and the free WiFi all around the Hotel.
The price is good, the hotel average. It doesn't stand out of the crown in neither sides.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple