“Great Little Hotel”
Review of Hotel General

Hotel General
Ranked #21 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Slightly alarmed when we were told that we were 30 minutes from the centre f town, but actually transport is so good in Prague the location is incidental. A really nice little hotel based in the New Town, next door to the Staropramen brewery and a 2 minute walk to one of the main bus, metro and tram hubs in the city. Really friendly staff who would bend over backwards to make sure you were happy. Comfortable and well equipped rooms (fastest internet speed I have ever seen!), although sleeping with the window open might be rather noisy!
Didn't test out the bar, but absolutely delicious breakfasts, and all in all fantastic value for what it is. Would recommend it highly

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear davidawatt,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting this review that depicts in details our location, services and staff.

Ringaile Radojevic - DOS

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Love it! The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. We stayed in a family suite which had two bathrooms and one double bedroom. As our teenage son came with us a single bed was put in the office / lounge area for him. This made that room quite cramped but it wasn't an issue as it we wasn't there to use the room as anything other than a bedroom anyway.
The breakfast is lovely and caters for everyone. The staff are extremely helpful and wait on you hand and foot.
The reception staff and bellboy are fantastic. Dasha greeted us on reception, ensured we had a welcome drink and went through the local map marking out the sites for us. She gave us all the transport info and it felt like a personal service rather than the normal hotel check in you usually get.
Upon leaving the hotel later that evening Marion the bellboy noticed we were heading the wrong way and came to advise us we were heading to nowhere really unless we intended to go to a particular restaurant.
Like I said the service is exceptional.
It is about a 20 minute walk to the Charles Bridge main area of Prague but it is a lovely walk or you can easily get on the tram by buying the daily tickets. Getting around is really easily and the staff here will help you all they can.
I can't comment on the sauna as we didn't use it but I will definitely stay here when we come again.

• Stayed: December 2013
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Karen B,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you and your family for staying with us and for posting such detailed and warm review.
It gives us a great pleasure to see that we were able to meet your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay with us.

With warm regards from Prague and hotel team

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Booked based on reviews. This hotel is great! Excellent location, massive suites, laundry in suite, breakfast brought to your room. All other hotels fail to compare. Staff were the best! this hotel in size, and service should be a 5 star. oh free internet as well

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Gasal D,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
It gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.

With warm regards from Prague and the General team

Reviewed 11 December 2013

It was my first trip to Prague, so it was with a little hesitation that I booked our hotel, knowing that it was not in the centre of town. I am now glad that we stayed at the General, as it was far enough from the centre to be quiet, but close enough to walk in (15 mins walk along the river). It also has the advantage that the bus station is only a block away.

The hotel car was waiting for us at the airport, which was great after our long flight from Sydney. A welcome drink on arrival was also very much welcomed.

I cannot say enough about how friendly the staff were. The reception staff went out of their way to help, booking bus tickets, recommending several restaurants, and calling ahead to our next hotel in Cesky Krumlov to confirm our reservation. There was always a friendly smile greeting us at the front door, and the restaurant staff were very happy to go out of their way.

The hotel itself is fairly newly refurbished (2007 i think), and the rooms are very comfortable and clean, a good size with a great shower that feels like you are in the rain. We didn't eat in the restaurant except for breakfast, which was exceptional. Hot food cooked to order, and lots of local cakes, pastries and the normal buffet spread.

I would highly recommend the Hotel General, and if we ever return to Prague I will only stay here. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: standard double was plenty big enough, with a great shower.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Stuart M,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting this detailed review on your stay.
It gives us a great joy to see that we were able to meet your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.
We thank you for your kind words and detailed description of your experience and do hope that you will have a possibility to visit us again some day in the future.

With warm regards from the hotel team

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our first trip to Prague and booked the Hotel General based on the reviews and what a great choice. Reception staff very welcoming, much appreciated welcome drink, then help and advice with the sites to see, transport and maps.

The breakfast food was delicious, great cooked choices on top of a lovely hot and cold buffet selection. The service was excellent, the serving staff very friendly and helpful.

Not sure whether they spotted it was my birthday based on the registration card, but a lovely surprise to come back to flowers in the room, ‘swan’ towels and a bottle of wine from the Management Team!

Good local food and bars near the hotel too.

We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear CheshireCarrot,

It gives us a great pleasure to see that we were able to meet and maybe even exceed your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay and your birthday.

With warm regards from hotel team

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Coming from Indonesia, I am used to domestic pampering . Hotel General match that with their
warmth and amazing teamwork. I get this feeling that all the staffs meet and discuss how to make their guests happy every night ! From adding halal meals to reminding me about taxi pick up. 1st class service ! Will only stay in Hotel General when I am in Prague for winter holidays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Rosman M,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your impressions with the other travelers.

With warm regards from the General team

Reviewed 5 December 2013

A comfortable place to stay, everything was fine. I was traveling alone and it was my first time to Prague, and I got a lot of help from the staff. I'm sure I will stay at this hotel if I go to Prague again. Thank you, Pavel. Thank you, Martin. Thank you, Marian. Thank you, Rami. You deserve the five stars. vy ctyri jste nejlepsi~ (^o^)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear An S,

With warm regards from Pavel, Martin, Marian and Rami
(and domo arigatou gozaimasu)