“Great staff & value for money 5 star”
Review of Hotel General

Hotel General
Ranked #21 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had interlocking rooms for ourselves and our teenage ( well 1 not quite but ..) children. Service fabulous. Felt like a family hotel. Location not amazing but close to metro & allowed us to easily visit all areas of the city.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lizbeth34
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Lizbeth34,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I went to Prague with my Dad for three nights last week and stayed at the Hotel General. As part of the booking process, the Hotel arranged for us to be picked up at the airport by their own car which saved the worry of us being taken by a local taxi on a mystery tour . On arrival we were warmly greeted by their doorman and reception staff who then gave us welcome drinks as well as an orientation guide to Prague's sites and transport system. The hotel is near Prague Metro's 'Andel' station (and tram stops) so getting to the tourist sites in the old town is very straight forward. The Metro is easy to use and cheap (at least by London standards)

As for the interior of the hotel, this could best be described as 'elegant'. With a traditional style of decoration, it gave me the impression of having been established for a long time, so I was surprised to hear that it has been around for only a few years. Staff were extremely friendly, always checking that we were OK, if the food was fine - it was - answering our questions promptly and offering advice. The room was clean, spacious with a modern clean bathroom. Although I usually have problems sleeping in hotels, this place was different with its comfortable beds, several pillows per bed and lack of ambient noise. There's also a bar and restaurant with breakfast that are either cold buffet or hot - selected from a menu.

As for room facilities, there are tea/coffee making facilities, room safe, satellite TV and a Wi-Fi router in the room, so Internet coverage was hardly a problem.

In short, if I were to return to Prague (either on my own or with family) , I would certainly book this hotel again. Highly recommended and thanks to all the staff there - Dasha, Marian, Hanza, Rami, Ibrahim, Moustafa, Hanza amongst others - for making it an enjoyable stay for me and my father.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are more likely to be quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony F
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Tony F,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your impressions with the other travelers.
It gives us a great joy to see that you and your dad have enjoyed your stay with us and would not hesitate to recommend us to the others.
We thank you for your kind words and hope to welcome you back at the General on your next trip to Prague.

With warm regards from hotel team (incl. Dasha, Marian, Honza, Rami, Ibrahim, Moustafa and others)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I spent 5 comfortable nights in a double deluxe room at the front of the hotel. Even before arriving we knew the staff were good as they'd already contacted us and asked if we wanted them to organise a car from the airport which was booked quickly.
Upon arrival we were greeted and quickly brought a drink while our luggage was taken to our room. The concierge then talked us through local amenities and showed us the location of key places on a map. She gave us useful information to help us get the most out of our stay and then answered all of our questions. We were then shown our room which was well equipped and very comfortable.
Though a little way out of the centre, the trams are very frequent and easy to navigate. During the day the walk is pleasant. The main advantage of this location was how quiet it was at night. There was little traffic and the double glazing blocked this all out.
The breakfast was excellent. Staff were helpful and quick to notice if you needed anything. They also remembered preferences and were ready prepared on future visits. The selection of goods available was fantastic, as was the quality of everything we tried.
A great hotel which exceeded all of our expectations and which I would happily return to.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear JaneAnguish73,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with the other travelers on TripAdvisor.
It gives us a great joy to see that we were able not only to meet but even exceed your expectations and you have had a truly wonderful stay with us.
We thank you for your kind words and hope that you will choose to visit us again whenever your travels will bring you back to the lovely city of Prague.

With warm regards from the General team,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The only downside in my opinion is the location but that is very much compensated by the service and truly amazing hotel staff.The suite my wife and I stayed in was spacious with everything working as it should, top marks from me( ex-hotelier)

• Stayed: February 2014
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear pmandava,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for sharing your opinion with the other travelers.
We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will not hesitate to visit us again if your travels will bring you back to Prague.

Ringaile Radojevic - DOS

Reviewed 16 February 2014

After deciding on choosing Prague as the place to pop the question to my girlfriend, it was time to choose hotel. Hotel General fitted all my requirements - reasonably priced for a top hotel and available on short notice! After I booked came the tough part of planning how I would do the deed! I called the Hotel and the friendly staff helped suggest possible places and restaurants.

Upon arriving, the staff were great, even pointing out discreetly on a map where I needed to go for my planned proposal!

We were put in the Napoleon suite which was just amazing! Breakfast was good and also they allowed us to have breakfast in our rooms on the second morning even though we had not informed them before hand - they were very accommodating! They also allowed us to have a late check out as our flight was not leaving until that evening!

All in all, a wonderful hotel as part of our wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: All rooms are named after a famous General!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan_ZP_Lau
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Alan_ZP_Lau,

We were very honored to know that you have chosen our hotel for such special occasion and we hope that due to our efforts it was even more memorable.
We thank you for your kind words and hope that you will choose to visit us on your anniversary.

With warm regards from the hotel team

Reviewed 10 February 2014

These folks could not have been nicer. Very attentive to every need. Comfortable clean rooms. It is across the river from old town and the Jewish Quarter, and 15 minutes from most sites, but well worth it. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear swulf,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with the other travelers.

With warm regards from Prague and the General team

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Wonderful 5 star service at this outstanding hotel. Right from the welcome drinks in reception on your arrival to the cleanliness of the rooms, this is a top hotel in which to stay. The staff are totally dedicated to your stay and so refreshing from UK Hotel standards of service. They go out of their way to do their very best and it shows. We also had a room upgrade to a suite, which was huge, but lovely, so no complaints! Ideal base - right near the metro station, its far better to be based here, and travel the 10 mins or so into the centre, than be in the centre. Great Location and fantastic hotel. Well done. I have already recommended my parents come and stay at the hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great experience in Prague.

Stayed: January 2014
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear ALTON16,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting such warm and kind review on TriipAdvisor.
It gives us a great joy to see that we were able to meet and maybe even exceed your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.
We thank you for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back at the General.

With warm regards from Prague and the General team