“If in Prague, then definitely Hotel General!”
Review of Hotel General

Hotel General
Ranked #21 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Though it wasn't my first visit to Prague, but it was the first time that I stayed in Hotel General. I stayed there for 3 days together with my husband, and the aim of our stay was to relax away from the crowded Moscow, and to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary! From the very first step that we entered, we were met by warm greetings, helpful staff and warm atmosphere. Then we were directed to our room which was a very cozy, comfortable, well-equipped and modern designed room, with first-needed appliances (hair dryer, clock radio, coffe/tea maker, iron, high speed internet, Tv vith various channels). They also had a room service, which I liked the most, because we could stay in our rooms and enjoy the delicious food that they served. The breakfast was awesome, tasty food and polite service. The rooms were cleaned every day, and the hotel in general was very clean and neat. I enjoyed my stay there, and whenever I go to Prague again, I definitely know where to stay.

Reviewed 1 February 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights in January. The staff on arrival were very helpful and friendly and marked up a map with places of specific interest to us. The glass of complimentray champagne was well received too! Stayed in the Wellington Suite which was comfortable but the bed was two twins pushed together and not a double which was a shame. The room itself was rather small and with no drawers, although there was plenty of shelving in the wardrobe.

On the second evening we were due for a meal and when i rang reception at 7pm to ask for an iron and ironing board. This is a particular bug bear of mine, any hotel that is classed as a 5 star should have in room ironing facilities. I was told that housekeeping had left for the day and had locked away all the irons etc. I find this hard to understand and was not impressed when they offered to bring me one at 8am the following morning. That same day we had left our room to go into the centre of Prague and left the sign on the door for the room to be cleaned. On our return 5 hours later no-one had cleaned the room.

The staff were very helpful and booked restaurants and taxi's etc and the breakfast was good if not exceptional. To summarise, the Hotel has a lovely character and was good value but in no way could it be classed as 5 star.

Reviewed 28 January 2010

The hotel was second to none.we stayed in a general suite which was very quiet and perfect ,and the staff could not be more helpful ,the food was delicious would highly recommend anyone visiting prague stay here .

Reviewed 26 January 2010

Me and my husband just came back from our wonderful journey to Prague. And thanks to hotel General it was even more joyful that it was expected. We chose one of the weekends to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary and while searching for the hotel, we chose General. Our expectations for this hotel were exceeded - not only by the calm and welcoming atmosphere of the hotel, attitude of the personnel, cleanliness of the rooms (our Junior suite 203 – George Marshall was gorgeous)and various small surprises (as welcome drink). But most of all - we receive a special gift from hotel staff - a bottle of wine with flowers to mention our special occasion - as my husband mentioned the purpose of our trip. That really made that evening special. On our next trip - we will definitely come back to General.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Hotel is not in the centre but it is easy to get to all the tourist sights on tram/metro. Helpful advice is given about this on arrival.

There are many good pubs/cafes/restaurants near Andel metro. Recommend Zlaty Klas in Plzenenska 9 for half a duck, red cabbage, dumplings for £6 approx and draught beer at £1.10 for 500 ml.

Excellent breakfast and the staff cannot do enough to help you with anything you want.

Reviewed 18 January 2010

Hi, I am writing about my stay at Hotel General in Prague on December 30-31, 2009.

I have to say that the stay was fantastic. The hotel,itself, was perfect in every way from decor to staff. The staff was very accomodating and helped me out when I forgot my passport at the previous hotel.The bartender was especially nice. If in Prague again, I will surely stay here. The location was good, not really close to the attractions, but within reasonable walking distance (15 minutes or so to St. Charles Bridge.)

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We stayed 2 nights in Prague in this beautiful hotel. We had the General Suite, which was huge and confortable. We had 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets and 2 flatscreen tv. We also got an pc with free internet. Breakfast was great. The staff was very kind. The hotel is clean. Whenever we come back to Prague we will make the same choice: only the General Hotel. We really loved it.