“Take care!”

Ranked #511 of 5,756 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

First of all I never saw the tavern or restaurant where bill is made from the scratches on the paper and calculated from the waiter's calculator. If you don't take care he can calculate what ever he likes you won't notice it. Second of all second waiter is serving traditional czech beherovka which you believe is complimentary welcome drink but it is not. Portions for the money paid are to small compering to the other tavern's. Have been to this place couple of years ago and back than everything was on much bigger level. Only thing which is always good are musicians and live music with which they try to make all the guests feel like at home.

2  Thank Adriano R
Write a ReviewReviews (7,719)

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Food was good. Czech goulash was very good. Homemade draft beer was well worth the visit. Live accordion music was a treat.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

To those who say this is a typical Czech restaurant : I've been living in Prague for 6 years now, I've eaten in maaany restaurants and I've never seen waiters bringing shots and beers not ordered. They do it in u fleku and it really made me uncomfortable when my 6 guests asked me if it was a local habit ("no, no, you've just been screwed...")
Fortunately for the owners, they are in a beautiful historical building.
The food they cook is quite good Czech food... for the price you pay it'd better be...
So far they would deserve an "average" from me.
Problem was, when they brought the bill. Just a number worm on a small piece of paper (normal for Czech Republic). I asked for the detail, it took them 20 minutes (had to let my friends leave while I waited) to bring me something that did not correspond at all to what we had. I had to deduct all the extras they had put there to lower the bill by the equivalent of 20 euros.
Having married a Czech woman I feel personally ashamed of people like this who transfer such a negative image of the Czech people.

3  Thank Alexis V
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It was very entertaining, but the food was not great. Many different beers to try and great loud atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My girlfriend and I tasted here the most delicious beer in Prague. They serve only one kind, but you will not complain.
Nice live traditional music, nice atmosphere!
We did not try the food, but it look really nice just looking on them when they served to others.