“The Best Hotel in Prague”

Small Luxury Palace Residence
Ranked #350 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Palace road has a great location away from the maddening crowds, quiet for sleeping, yet close to everything. It is across from the Castle 2 minutes from the Charles Bridge, near tons of restaurants, down the street from the monastery, who has great beer, and the Petrin where you can see all of Prague.
The help was solicitous and friendly, always able to guide us any where we needed to go. They provide transport to and from the airport a real plus for us.
The rooms and general decor reflect Prague's history in their beauty and all necessities are provided. The kitchen and sitting room are welcoming and a great advantage after many days of travel.

I would never stay any where else in Prague why would you?
Trish

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful and quiet with good wifi reception
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Hotel is in a superb spot in the emabassy region. It is a quiet area at night but its position is excellent for walking anywhere. It takes about 10 mins to reach the castle or Charles Bridge
which is the opposite direction.
The owner and staff was very friendly and happy to sort out airport transfers.
Breakfast is served at another hotel about 100 metres away. This is not ideal but the owner is new and hopes to soon have these facilities on site.
Prague is a beautiful city and the hotel made the stay even better.

Room Tip: The apartment was great for 2 couples. There was 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a small kitchen area...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank neilflear
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed only one night in this cosy hotel. Very good location besides the Castle and Charles Bridge, not too far from the tram and metro. I just loved the quietness of our room (101b). Well, there were no view but the peace was worth of it. A bath tub and oil paintings gave a touch of luxury.
The staff is nice and helpful.
The only minus for our stay was the breakfast: it was served in another hotel called Aurus Clavis and that was not good! So without breakfast I definitely would recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsi M
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Beautiful old building and fantastic location, but it felt a little creepy staying there on my own. I only saw a person at the reception desk twice, I always struggled to lock and unlock the outer door to the street, and the dark passageways up to the room really spooked me in the evenings. Maybe I've watched too many scary movies, but I will not stay here again if I'm traveling on my own. Also, I paid for the reservation in advance and my confirmation stated that breakfast was included...not so. No mention of it by any staff members, and when I visited the restaurant that is associated with the hotel, the staff was very rude. It was embarrassing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AustinAnna
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had a prepaid reservation at this hotel. We received an email from the hotel 2 days before our reservation, asking our arrival time. After buses, metro and dragging luggage up a hill, we were told that due to a "water problem", we would have to be moved to another hotel. 45 minutes later we arrived at a nice hotel and were directed to our room. It was a tiny room with a miniature bed and no window. I went down to the front desk, thinking we had been put in a single room. The woman at the desk told me that was the only room that they had left, and they normally didn't rent it out. She also told me that Palace Road overbooked, and when they called their hotel for a room for us, she told them it was a very small room, no window, and Palace Road said that was fine. I feel that a prepaid reservation should be honored. I would never take the chance of this happening again. Vacation time is precious, and I felt that this hotel wasted my time.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days at the Palace Road hotel (formerly the Castle Steps).From the moment we arrived -greeted warmly by the two guys at reception and provided with helpful advice on local restaurants and tips on public transport- to our departure, we really enjoyed our stay.
We had booked a deluxe double and were in room 5. What a great space ! large bedroom, lounge and private patio. We particularly liked the bathtub freestanding in an area leading off from the lounge, great to soak in after a day sightseeing, with the floodlit spires in view
Great location and would recommend the Beseda restaurant in Malostranska square- 300 czk for two three course lunches with beer.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Palace Road is a wonderful hotel with a good location and an excellent staff. The rooms are really big, stylish, and the price is very very good for what you get!! We did a photoshoot at their hotel and they helped us a lot finding extra things, they let us shoot in other rooms what we did not book as well and let us shoot at the common area of the hotel. They were overall very helpful and friendly, tried to make sure our stay was perfect.
The hotel itself is in a good location just over the Charles Bridge and is a walking distance from all the most important tourist sights and the old town.
Definitely recommending to everybody!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business