“Service fee not included!!!!”
Review of Ferdinanda

Ferdinanda
Ranked #190 of 5,413 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar, European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Nelson Bay, Australia
“Service fee not included!!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our meal was only OK.
The mixed platter was good and colourful. Chips were from a packet!
Our first course came too quickly on top of our main meals in a big rush.
The steak was dry and overcooked and was smothered in horseradish which nearly overwhelmed my husband.
At the end we paid for our meal and then the waiter insisted that the "service charge was not included". He repeated this several times (3) and told us he was not joking. He seemed to be insisting on a tip which we were not going to give based on this experience and threatening manner.
It felt like the whole evening had been spoilt particularly when the service was rushed and no interchange of conversation was attempted.

1 Thank Lina-Stephen
I_Ferdinanda_I, Manažer at Ferdinanda, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello,

I'm very sorry for your bad experience. Unfortunately I don't know which waiter did it and I can say that I don't like it. All the bills are being printed, so everyone has to pay only what's printed on the bill. If you want to give a waiter a tip, it's up to you. If you remember how did the waiter look like, please leave me a message (hospoda(at)ferdinanda.cz).Thank you for your review.

Yours sincerely

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
“Good food, correct staff, and some tips”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a good experience in this restaurant.

We ordered local beer and the pork needle and grilled pork. We both preferred the needle but everything tasted great. The rations are smaller than in other places, but they clearly state the amount in the menu, so there is no room for complains as we got the amount we knew we were going to get.

The decoration is interesting and the whole experience would be perfect if it wasn't for a minor incident with the waiter.

The waiter was correct, polite, but rather dry, and even though we specifically asked whether Visa cards were accepted, when the bill came he was not too happy and asked me why I did not tell him that I would not pay cash...he sorted us out, but the service was not as friendly as I would expect. So no tip for him this time.

We spent 370Kc.

What I would recommend is to read the amounts, and when its time to pay, before the bills come, tell the waiter how are you going to pay to avoid misunderstandings.

Enschede, The Netherlands
“Good food fair prized”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

It was pretty easy to find. With some poor English we explained that we would like to eat. Menu was also in English. Ordered two beer. And bread with cheese as starter. Then goulash and pork schnitzel with fruit. The starter comes with the main dishes. What we've seen before. Not a real problem. Just order in two rounds . We paid 400 for two people which is about 11 Euro. Pretty cheap!

Denver, Colorado
“What took us so long??”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We loved Prague!! We explored and explored and walked and walked but somehow didn't make it to Wenceslas Square until our last day….. We found this restaurant not far from the square and wished we had found it earlier! Cool decor (paintings) and great food and beer. My husband and son shared a huge pork knuckle with pickles and peppers and the best crunchy cabbage slaw I've eaten (please send the recipe!! American slaw is too heavy for me and this was wonderful and a great compliment to the meat). Awesome (recommendation from Frommer's Prague day by day"…… they were very accurate)

Budapest, Hungary
“One of the best restaurants in Prague”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We found that place not far from the railway station. Interior design was ingenious, decorated with old objects. Menu was fine, the dishes were great and delicious! Beer was also fine. Good prices, friendly staff, place not crowded. I just recommend it!

• Visited May 2014