“Excellent choice for a coffee break / lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Louvre

Cafe Louvre
Ranked #15 of 147 Dessert in Prague
Cuisines: International, Cafe, European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
“Excellent choice for a coffee break / lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

After walking around in Prague for hours in a very hot weather this place was really an oasis :) We found this coffee house from a Prague-guide book and this was worth finding! The interior is impressive, the service very polite, the history of the place is interesting. I had a piece of Louvre's cheese cake and it was very delicious.

1 Thank SeaStone1973

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Very fine meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We got the name of this restaurant out of our guide to Prague. I also noticed it was well regarded by Trip Advisor contributors. We were not disappointed. The food -- I had pork tenderloin prepared with garlic and rosemary, followed by sugar-lemon palacinke (crepes) -- was excellent. My wife also loved her meal. The Bernard lager beer is some of the best beer I have ever drunk. The ambience is perfect, and the prices are more than reasonable by North American or German standards. Highly recommended.

1 Thank operalover939
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great lunch hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I would have never gone into this restaurant without the direction of our guide. From outdoors it doesn't look like much. But inside beautifully decorated. Very European very nice. Food great I had Spatetzel ...pardon the spelling and wife had fried turkey...kind of like schnitzel. Coffee was fantastic. Wife had mint ice tea. Desserts oh my. Apple strudel with fresh whipped cream and vanilla sauce. Wife had blueberry cake with incredible fresh vanilla ice cream....too many calories but really good meal. Service was slow but the waiter told up front because he was carrying so many tables...no problem worth it!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ken M
Huntington, New York
“The Perfect Way to Start a Week in Prague!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Checked into the hotel then did a quick search for a place to eat...lucky for us that happened upon Cafe Louvre-I have to be honest that we almost missed it, walking down the street..I always forget sometimes places are on the second floor and nobody seemed to mention that...so don't forget to look up!!! I felt like we traveled back into the past upon entering this place...and I mean this in the best way..transported back into the Prague of years gone by...it was lovely...a bustling place with all kinds of people not just tourists. I had the most delicious plate of spaetzle (a rustic Czech pasta of sorts) with mushrooms and bacon, my husband had beautiful lemony crepe style pancakes with powdered sugar...the perfect way to start a week in Prague! I am tempted to go back, but for the fact that I try not to eat in the same place twice while on vacation..and there are so many other places to eat in Prague...but we will see!!!

1 Thank Mitsu114
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“A Must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The food was so well prepared. I mean exceptional. The service was just as good as the food. Knowledgable suggestions and attentive waiter. I'm so happy I went here!