“Loved everything about it”
Review of Cafe Louvre

Cafe Louvre
Ranked #16 of 148 Dessert in Prague
Cuisines: International, Cafe, European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Dallas
“Loved everything about it”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is an fairly casual restaurant but less so than I was expecting based on its description. My wife and I both had standard Czech dishes that were fantastic. Not fancy just really really good. The service was also the best we experienced in Prague.

I also liked like ambiance. Nice looking, comfortable, good location.

Basically, no flaws in this one.

• Visited June 2014

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“place for regular visit”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

tradicionla place with great cousine, I did apreciate profesionnal service, in summer small but cute garden

Kansas City, Missouri
“Reasonable and good”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I ate here twice as it was so close to our hotel. We had the beef with cream sauce and chicken with red pepper sauce the first night. The second night, we had the chateaubriand for 2 with roasted vegetables and potatoes. The steak and vegetables were awesome. Our waiter, same both nights, helped us find a great Moravian red wine. The prices were very reasonable for the food. Definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank SaxyTraveler
“Excellent choice for a coffee break / lunch”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After walking around in Prague for hours in a very hot weather this place was really an oasis :) We found this coffee house from a Prague-guide book and this was worth finding! The interior is impressive, the service very polite, the history of the place is interesting. I had a piece of Louvre's cheese cake and it was very delicious.

1 Thank SeaStone1973
Toronto, Canada
“Very fine meal”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We got the name of this restaurant out of our guide to Prague. I also noticed it was well regarded by Trip Advisor contributors. We were not disappointed. The food -- I had pork tenderloin prepared with garlic and rosemary, followed by sugar-lemon palacinke (crepes) -- was excellent. My wife also loved her meal. The Bernard lager beer is some of the best beer I have ever drunk. The ambience is perfect, and the prices are more than reasonable by North American or German standards. Highly recommended.

1 Thank operalover939