“Great unique bar”

Ranked #529 of 5,424 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Czech
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great unique bar”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The bar seems pretty boring from the outside, but the wonders that exist inside are amazing. The top floor is a typical bar but once you get inside you will see they have a cellar called "Music Bar".
There are many levels downstairs and they are really cool to see, The first level has foosball tables. If you are lucky, some limies will be there and you can challenge them. Please keep in mind spinning the handles is not proper etiquette!
If you go further down you will find a few more bars. The service here was excellent and they have many great Czech beers to try and a full bar. The drinks are very reasonably priced,
Do yourself a favor and try a local Czech spirit called Becherovka, it is similar to a fireball but has a strong ginger flavor as well. If you like rum try the local version Bozkov, it is made with potatoes, and has a very unique flavor. You will either love it or hate it.
I have been here a few times and I don't speak Czech, have never had any problem from the staff. They have all been very friendly.

• Visited May 2014

• Czech first
“Really unique bar experience”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I went to get a few drinks here with my boyfriend on the recommendation of a friend who lived in Prague teaching English. We went way way down to the lowest level and had a few drinks there, which were reasonably priced. I have to say this was a very nice cultural experience, the bar is way underground and are set up almost like catacombs... you can wander through and there are several bars to pick from, plus an area with Foosball and such. There was really chill music playing and we liked the general vibe. Only complaint is, as a non-smoker, the combination of everyone smoking and being way underground with little ventilation got to my head after a while. But given the set-up, I suppose there isn't a whole lot they can do about that. Definitely worth a visit even if it's only for a drink or two! It's so centrally located it's hard to find an excuse not to.

• Visited May 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Waiter took a sip of my drink in front of me and gave it back...”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

As the title suggests, when I told the bar staff that mine and my sisters Coke was flat (no bubbles) he took a sip from my glass, said in a rude tone "that it was suppose to taste like that" and that is what post mix is, and gave me my drink back (as if I should drink it after he did). I asked why others got a coke in a glass bottle and mine came flat in a plastic cup, he said they had requested that. I asked the other tables if they had and they said they just ordered a plain Coke. When I asked the other waitress why they had gotten the glass bottles, she said because the post mix machine was broken... As a side note, we were a group of a few Czechs and English... If you want friendly service where you won't have the bar tender drink your drink and pass it back to you, Prague has no shortage of other places.

• Visited December 2013
Oslo, Norway
“...In the underground labyrints of Praha”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

In the hearth of Praha we were lucky to find this charming and marvellous underground labyrint, hidden behind a narrow bar with a two larger rooms around the corner and from after 5 also stairs down to the underground labyrint open. Guests mostly 20-60, probably many from free and creative professions, and some of them must have been in Praha in 1968 as well...

The labyrinth underground houses several bars at several levels connected with long and dark corridors and more private and undisturbed tables in the shadows. It is also easier to get the waiters attention than Kafkas experience in "The Castle", and the drinks are no "Process", but are effectively served at reasonable european price level by busy, but friendly waiters.

The guests were mostly local, though not much discostyle/chewinggum, but perhaps a bit more philosophical clientel. Several guests from the surrounding countries, Russia, EU and USA. My codewords for the spirit of the place is creative, serious, progressive and liberal. I picked up some music from the 80´ s before i got lost in conversations, but no rap nor reggae was to be heard, but good vibrations any way.

I still havent been there late at night, but the daytime and evening experience tempts me to spend the night there as well...

This is definitively my favorite waterhole i Praha, no doubt.

• Visited December 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Make a point to check it out”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

The maze of cellars and hallways down below the main bar, paired with a festive laid back atmosphere, make this truly one if the most unique bars I've been to. Had heard they weren't too friendly to tourists; we didn't find this to be the case at all. Great conversation with a local while there patron while there; efficient service. Horrendous ventilation; you WILL leave smelling like you smoked a carton if cheap cigarettes, so make this your last stop of the night. Also, how is this even close to being up to fire code ha? ;)