“There's no place like Globe!”

Globe Bookstore and Cafe
Ranked #42 of 422 Shopping in Prague
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I've been coming to Globe so many times over the 5 years I have lived in Prague and one of the reasons is that regardless of what you are looking for - Globe has it.
The Globe has two parts, linked together but still so different. First is the bookstore; a calm oasis where you can browse through thousands of books, chit chat with the lovely staff or just get a magazine. I always find a bunch of books that I want to buy.
Globes second part is the cafe. With its high ceilings and red walls, it sure is something extra. Every time I get a visitor I always bring them, and they all say the same - amazing!
My favorite time to visit is during their weekend brunches. The blueberry pancakes are like heaven! It is the perfect place to spend a lazy Sunday, having brunch and playing board games with your friends. Combine all these things and then add Prague’s best coffee and you have yourself a winner!
Globe has a really good happy hour, I mean, cocktails for only 50kc!
It's a good place whether you are looking for a relaxed place for your date, a spot to have brunch or find a great classic

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"beer"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I've been several times to the Globe and never failed to enjoy myself They have a bookstore up front, and a cafe in the back. The book store is eclectic and well curated. This is simply my favorite place to buy books. You're not going to find all of the NY Times bestseller list here, but you will find well selected biographies, histories, current events, and modern classics- books that make you think.

The cafe draws a cool mix of Czechs, traveling European students, and English speakers from just about everywhere. I saw a dude channeling Jim Morrison doing The End on karaoke night, I've seen a group of American medical students doing funky acoustic riffs on 70's rock, blues and soul on a Friday night, and I've seen The Godfather screened on Sunday.

The beer is Czech and the food leans American, but I'm partial to the Thai Chicken Curry. All in all highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Great cafe for hanging out if you're flying solo, or with a group. Free wifi, great food, great atmosphere, great music.

1  Thank Axhandle
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This is a cool little English language bookstore with a cafe attached. We spent hours here playing cards at a table on the patio and ordering many drinks (coffee, coffee-drinks, wine, beer, etc) and nachos. Most of the servers are friendly and attentive.

We had dinner once that included watching Falling Down (a 1993 American crime/drama/psychological thriller).

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 May 2011

While we were eating at a nearby Thai restuarant, a couple from California recommend the Globe for breakfast to us. We ended up eating at the Globe 2 times for breakfast. They have a nice variety of everything from American pancakes to a Big English breakfast. The food is delicious. The Globe is also a great place to go to watch a game and grab a libation in the evening time as well. I would highly recommend stopping by the Globe on your next visit to Prague.

2  Thank ChgoFoodie