“Very good hotel but minor improvements needed”
Review of EA Hotel Sonata

EA Hotel Sonata
Ranked #304 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We visited this hotel for a weekend in June. On arrival we were checked in promptly and showed to our room. We managed to get a larger than average room and was spotlessly clean.

The room was noisy however even with the secondary glazing but not overly loud. The breakfast was poor but passable.

The cleaners done an average job with the rooms.

The staff at this hotel are very nice and helpful. I would suggest the hotel provide maps of the city for it's guests so they can move around more easily.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here during Christmas time and you can imagine the festive vibes all around. It was the end of my business trip in Prague, however I had wished to stay here forever. The staff is very friendly and supporting. Breakfast is very tasty. Old town is just ten minutes away, so is central station. Vista Prague and stay in this hotel, it's a pleasant experience.. .

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank KishoreKumar-Aquarius
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were in May 2013. Very clean rooms, closed to Vaclaw square (5min walk) and downtown (15min by walk). Breakfast was just OK but nothing special.
Appart of that I can say I was disapointed with the service and house keeping service. Both reception and cleaning service pretend that they are not existing, they don't care about you. no smile, nothing. In the begining I told reception, that we are missing soap in the bathroom. We didn't get it until check out. Also I forgot to check closet before leave the room, and forgot wallet and 2 shirts hanging there. After 2 hours I called to the hotel, informed about wallet (forgot about shirts), so the wallet was waiting on me in the reception. After 2 days I rang to the hotel then the next day and then another day, and after more then 1 week they sent me email with information, that they didn't find and shirts. Over the phone they were very honest and explained, that a lot of guests left their belongs and never call back, so they do not store it ... hmmm safe was in the closet, so how come they didnt notice my shirts?? I don't think that 4 star hotel do like that :)... at least they bothered and wrote email...

Room Tip: I would recommend internal room on the 4,5 floor. We got 211, it was internal, but it was to low, an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Przemyslaw R
Reviewed 22 May 2013

spend in this hotel 3 nights December 2012.

I arrived in the morning about 10:00, December 2012 winter after a night without sleep.

The reception told me to come 14:00 check in time. I said OK but I found later that the hotel wan nearly empty and rooms was ready for travelers.

This is just petty and show level of service which later discover as not very good.

The room I have got at the first was smelly and I asked for other room. The second was also little smelly but I had no feeling to change again so I opened the windows.

I opened the windows every time I enter to the roon and also when I was in the room even it was December and cold and that becase of the smell.

The reception girl charge my card when I check in for 1000 kr' deposite for the mini bar (her words). I don;t understand this since the mini bar is not worth this amount. The girl told me that they will give back the recipt charge at the check out.

I never have it back at the check out since the reception girl (other girl) didn't fount it.

This is very bad service.

The breakfast was average (this is my taste).

No free internet (when I was there) and they asked about 2.5 Euro for 10 min.

The location for me was OK but senior travelers it is not good since to the slope roads.
It's look close to the center and to IP Pavlova but it's not easy for every one.

The TV in the room was very good (LCD) but for what I don't speck Czech and not Germany so 6-7 station without english is poor. If this hotel don't want tourists and only local travelers so it is OK but for tourists is very poor since in the nights sometime you want to watch something.

There are in the area few hotels which I prefer to be next visit.

Room Tip: There are in the area few hotels which I prefer to be next visit.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lovepraha
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed in the hotel in October 2012 for one night. Unfortunately we did not manage to have a breakfast as our flight was very early in the Morning.

The room was spacious and clean, there was a standard room safe (included in price of the room), the bathroom was a good size with the shower over the bath. The only issue with that was the fact that there was no screen around the bath so the water splattered everywhere.

The location of the hotel was ok, not too far from the St Wenceslaw square and a bit of a walk to the main train station.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

You're right in the historical center of Prague. The hotel itself is quite nice and clean. You're sleeping right next to one of the most frequent streets in Prague. Not very quiet place but if you're looking for something in the center, only few minutes from Vaclavske Namesti, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better, you can see Hradcany Castle from some upper-floor rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived on Sunday 24th March for a four night stay. On arrival we were met by a member of staff who took our bags from the taxi into the hotel.
Check in was very easy and our bags were taken to our room.
Our room was really nice and was spotless. We had a view of the main street which was a little noisy at times but didn't actually bother us. We had free use of the hotels Internet which was useful as we could not pick up any English channels on the TV. No shower curtain or screen over the bath so showers tended to leave the tiled floor a bit wet, but water was constantly hot which was lovely after a long day of walking.
Breakfast was continental, not particularly what I would choose but was suitable to set you up for the morning. Choice of breads, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cakes, meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs. Also you could have a fried egg & what looked like fried spam.
The reception staff were very helpful at all times helping us with directions etc and also arranged for us transport back to the airport. All staff were pleasant.
This hotel is in a great spot, near to all main attractions. Would not hesitate to stay here again shoukd we return to Prague.

• Stayed: March 2013