“Great hotel”

Clarion Congress Hotel Usti nad Labem
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Usti nad Labem
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We spent it the hotel for one night. The desk clerks were obliging and friendly. Our double room was quite large, very clean and comfortable. Some details was nice: a bathtub (not only shower), a steam iron and a quite big LCD television. You can use free WiFi or wire net for connection to internet. Parking is for 15,- CZK (0.60 EUR) per hour. Breakfast was great too. It is much better, than usual czech standard: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, ham, salami, cheese, varied fresh bakery products, yogurt, cereals.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomCzechrepublic
Zaneta S, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Usti nad Labem, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing Clarion Congress Hotel Ústí nad Labem**** for your stay and for sharing your impressions with the other travelers.

On the behalf of all our hotel team I would like to thank you for your kind and warm review.
It gives us a great pleasure that we were able to meet your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We will be glad to welcome you back at our hotel on your next trip to Ústí nad Labem.

With kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Clarion Congress Hotel Usti nad Labem

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I spent a single night in the hotel. The lady in the reception (Zdenka) who welcomed me was extremely friendly. The room was spacious, well equipped and absolutely clean. It faced the backyard and was thus completely quiet. My only complaint is the plastic sheet used to cover the bed underneath the bed sheet. I appreciate that it protects the mattress from getting wet or dirty, but it makes your back sweat and spoils your sleep awfully. The person who invented such a thing should be sentenced to sleeping on it rest of his/her life! I didn't dine in the hotel restaurant, as I don't like to be the only guest eating, but afterwards I regretted my decision, as decent restaurants seem to be in short supply in the city. At least, I couldn't find any.

The breakfast was fine, however, the orange juice was pretty far away from the real thing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Dear guest,

I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Clarion Congress hotel Ústí nad Labem****.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive such a positive review of your stay.

I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2012

It's a new hotel in the area, so we decided to give it a try. The heating was set sky high, so it was too warm, and the hotel had this weird unpleasant smell.

We arrived late at the hotel, but wanted to have a meal. The staff was willing to let us have a meal, but only could have a main course. The restaurant was like a canteen. TV set to very high volume even though we entered as customer. It had a very poor atmosphere.

Breakfast was just ok. It seems like it's a Czech thing for not having fresh juice.

Staff doesn't look very pleased with their jobs, no smiles...

All in all is ok for just one night stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Zaneta S, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Usti nad Labem, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear guest,

I was concerned to read about your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for discomfort which was caused by hugh temperature in your room. I would like to inform you that there is control system in every room so every customer could regulate the temperature in the room according to their needs.
I also apologize for unplesant smell. We found out the reason and there is no more smell in our hotel anymore.
About the restaurant there was personal fault and we had made assured that it will never happend again.
I apologize again for all the problems. Without your guest feedbeck we can not continue to improve our services.

With best regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Got wrong key from somebody's room and was able to enter it!
Drink service slow, arogant
Middle of evening - wine run out, cash desk broke and bar didnt accept order to room number
When talked to manager, he didnt admit one single mistake of his staff
Restaurant toilets dirty in the morning
What a shame! Great room interior and brand new place.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank ujezd
Zaneta S, Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Usti nad Labem, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you took to share your opinion on your stay at the Clarion Congress Hotel Ústí nad Labem. All guest feedback especially those of negative nature are taken very seriously.
Unfortunately unexpected technical problem caused that it was not possible to accept an order for your room and you got the wrong key. We ansured that this will never happen again.
As far as the situation with the drink service and the restaurant toilets is concerned, I have throughly examined the metter and I would like to assure you it was an individual failure for which I do deeply apologize.
We have trained our waiters and cleaners again and reminded them the standards they have to adhere to.
Despite of dissatisfactionn during your stay we hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Clarion Congress Hotel Ústí nad Labem in the near future.

Sales Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed at the Clarion Congress Usti nad Labem for three nights in Aug 2011. Overall we had a great stay, and were impressed with the front desk staff especially Dana who worked hard to ensure our stay and that of our friends was perfect (we had a few special requests).

The hotel is new, and I think has some related issues to deal with. For example, we purchased white wine to have ready in the rooms on arrival; the wine was there but not in an ice bucket so not ready to drink. Happened a second time in a suite we organized for a friends honeymoon night.

Dined in the hotel restaurant, good food but the wait staff spent more time texting on their mobiles than they did waiting on tables which was annoying the first night, then the second night the chef left early so the restaurant closed before it was supposed to and we had nowhere to eat in this smallish town.

The room and decor were nice and comfortable; the mattress was ok but I think had no springs/coils just foam so it was not noteworthy.. The bathroom was nicely laid out but the designer must have been a man as there was no outlet nearby for using hair tools like curling irons, etc - I ended up sitting on the floor by the door to have the only mirror/outlet combination as the others in the room were all used by lamps etc. The mini bar had beer but there was no bottle opener.

We arranged a suite as a wedding night present for friends. The staff did a fabulous, wonderful job of room decoration (a romance package you can buy) but forgot the ice bucket for the white wine, matches for the many candles, and that the suite requires a second room key for electricity and a/c in the adjoining room.

Car parking was very easy and convenient. Front desk staff spoke great English - Thanks for that!

So, overall a good stay but there is room for improvements to the guest experience, mostly in training and attention to detail.

Would stay there again!

Room Tip: If you're staying for a few days, splurge for a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at his new Clarion Hotel for 1 night, and found the hotel great. The service in the reception and restaurant was fine and the staff friendly. The room was beautiful and clean. We especially liked the duvets and also enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning.

There was free internet and 3 PC’s in the lobby for the guests to use free of charge. We parked the car in an underground hotel parking area for 10 Euros.

The price of the stay was very affordable. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank petergram
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Rooms OK.
The staff in the restaurant needs a little bit more experience,in few weeks it will be perfect.
Hotel is very good located,the atrium needs a bit more greenery.
More staff in the reception needed,too long waited for check-in.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
#1 of 14 in Teplice
Hotel LEV
Hotel LEV
#1 of 1 in Lovosice

Been to Clarion Congress Hotel Usti nad Labem? Share your experiences!