“the best ribs in my life”
Review of Pivovarska pivnice

Pivovarska pivnice
Ranked #83 of 989 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Fantastic noisy pub atmosphere with the most delicious ribs ever for main course. For starters i had the liver and the rest of the family had soup which was very tasty they said, as was my liver. The ribs - all 1 kg of them - were an amazing sight complemented by garlic bread on the side, which was a very nice accompaniment. the meat just fell off the bone and the taste was absolutely wonderful. definitely a place to visit for a nice pub atmosphere and a highly enjoyable meal

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We decided to go for Starobrno beer into this restaurant. Unfortunately we had to wait for every round of beer for more than half an hour, for dinner we should wait almost two hours. For me it was very dissapoiting sitation. Waiter said that they have only one kitchen for three different restaurants/bars at the same place. This is for me unbelievable... Owner can earn a lot more money there but most probably he does not want.

3  Thank J0zefL
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is the place to eat and drink in Brno. I only discovered this restaurant in 2011 and I purposely fly to Brno (to cut the journey to Slovakia) just to eat and drink here. It's simply the best for me and my partner.
The beer is out of this world. It's very moreish and it goes well with the food served here. Food could be quite salty here but that's just the Czech nature of cooking and it goes well with the beer. Restaurant also does week specials. My partner really enjoyed 'Husaci jatra' (goose liver) and we like 'Gulasek' (goulash) too. Last time we went, it was Ester and even the beer had festive colour - green! Ester Thursday is called 'Zeleny Ctvrtek' (greeen Thursday) over there. Love Czech's festive spirit!
Restaurant has very big sunny terrace with many tables some with protective umbrellas. There is also a pub with very original bar, next to a restaurant but I found it very difficult to stay in as its very smoky. Restaurant is also a smoking place but its not as bad to stay for a meal when its too cold to sit outside.
So if prices of Brussels are putting you off come to Brno! ;)

1  Thank LondonIva
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Many reviews on TripAdvisoer are planted these days (especially in Prague). This is not planted, I did go there and it is definitely worth going to! Be aware that Google maps has it located in the wrong position. Get to where Google maps says it is and ask, its only about 150yds away actually on Pivovarská Street.

2  Thank LondonHappyGuy
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Best beer - best food - very nice staff - what else you need? Pork knuckle - give it try! Pork ribs - give it a try! Fantastic!