“Good at Vankovka at Least”
Review of Potrefena Husa

Potrefena Husa
Ranked #17 of 924 Restaurants in Brno
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My experience with Potrefena Husa is a bit hit and miss and location seems to make a difference.

I have to say I've never had really good experiences at the Starobrnenska street location. However, just off the centre at the Gallerie Vankovka shopping centre is another location of Potrefena Husa which is quite different in atmosphere and staff demeanor.

I've never gotten anything but good service at the Vankovka location and it's roomy and airy. It also has outdoor seating.

If you want to try this place, go to Vankovka and give Starobrnenska a miss.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Visited this restaurant earlier this month for lunch with family. Great central location with outdoor seating.
Great tasting food and good sized generous portions.
Good value for money.
Service could be better though as we were waiting over 45 mins for food and the restaurant didn't seem full.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have eaten at several of staroprammen's consept restaurants, and the story is almost the same every time. The service sucks! But the food is just so delisious one must return to get more.
My visit to this particular restaurant was no different. I went there with my boyfriend, and when we came we were kindly placer at a terrasse table by a waiter. After that we waited and scouted for a waiter in a long time before getting a menue, and the same story went on when we wanted to place the order.
Our starters arrived within 5 minutes, but mine was the wrong one. I chose not to say as i had had a hare time choosing anyways. When the mains arrived mine was wrong again (and no, we were not unclear when we ordered). They took my plate back, and my boyfriend had to start eating. Unfortionatly his steak was very overdone, so it was sent back to another waiter. While this was happening a third waiter asked us if we wanted more beer. I Said no but my bf Said yes, and 5 minutes later a fourth waiter came with two beers. Even though borhs our plates were sent back they arrived the second time with 10 minutes between Them, and my boyfriend was almost done eating when my food arrived. Unfortionatly they had forgotten to give me a knife and fork, and it took 3 waiters more than 5 minutes to bring me a set.
I don't at all understand the Way they run their staff at this place. There are a million waiters and they don't talk to each other what so ever.
Still i can't rate this place any lower, the food is just absolutly A-MA-ZING! I would go back anytime, and i do everytime i have the chance, but still i am ledt amazed over how weird they run their staff. Not one of the waiters very rude or anything but friendly and Nice, it is just messed up with all the confusion.

- Cathrine

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This restauant smells like a cigar shop: we were there and asked for a table in a no smoking-room, they accomodate us in a small section, not separated at all by the smoking area, where the smell was even worst!
I had just a beer and left; despite spending there no longer than 15 mins, the stench followed me until the next day!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This place looks really smart and the food isn't too bad. We had food from the 'Beer Snacks' menu but wish we hadn't as portions were terrible. We ordered 4 items but only 2 arrived. After waiting about 15 minutes for the remainder of the food to turn up we decided to cancel the order amd go elsewhere. Our waiter was very apologetic but they all seem to run around like headless chickens. There were also missing drinks from our orders and also drinks arriving that weren't ours. Hopefully they will get their act together as this could be a great place.