“Nice and simple hotel”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is very simple and clean. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable, the shower was a bit of work to figure out, but everything else was nice. The breakfast was very very good though, big selection of meats/cheese/mueslis and some bacon, eggs etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kärt T

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have been visiting Brno since the early 1990's. In those days we used to stay out by the lake. I came across the hotel on this site and was impressed by the general reviews. We were looking for a hotel to bookend a trip to the Tatras.
We arrived in Brno by train but with our knowledge of the city and a good map we soon found the hotel. We knew that the location was slightly outside the main centre and for us that was a bonus.
On arrival we were slightly daunted by the steps up to the reception but this was only a minor point. Reception staff were pleasant and very helpful.
Our room was clean and functional with very nice clean towels and small containers of shower gel. The shower was showing it's age but was again functional.
Breakfast was the usual buffet selection and the scrambled egg was very nice. The only thing to let the breakfast down was the coffee.
On our return we were pleasantly surprised, as my wife had left her book at the hotel, the reception staff handed her her book. she was very grateful as she had been really desperate to know the ending and thought she would have to buy another copy on our return to the UK.
The staff were really very friendly and show what can be done with good staff to make a short stay that much better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very good value for money.
Great location - only 5 min. walk from the city centre and 15 min. walk from Villa Tugendhat. A few parks around, pubs nad some restaurants just a few steps away from the hotel. Parking space available on the street free of charge.
The rooms are rather small but very clean. Pure white towels and bedsheets. AC working. TV only with Czech programmes. Bathroom equipped with some toileteries and a hairdryer. Friendly staff.
Cons: no fridge in the room, poor breakfasts - when there're more guests, there's not enough food. The kitchen staff needs much time to supply.
Comparing to the Amphone Hotel next door, I find Europa Hotel much better and the price is only a bit higher.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Good thing is location, only 15 min walking from city center.Room was ok, toilette very small, no wifi in room only cable for laptop. big hallway when you enter the room, really dont see what is it purpose. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Staff was not very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a nice, pleasant hotel, just outside of the city centre (10 minutes walking). The staff is kind and polite, they speak good English. The room is quite big, and comfortable. A small tv is a downside for me. Also, a huge chandelier just above my bed/head was a bit disturbing:) The breakfast is OK, nothing special though, I was expecting a bit more. Altogether I would recommend this hotel, because the very cheap prices they operate with.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've just got back from a wonderful weekend in Brno, and I have to say I was massively impressed with this hotel. I had booked 7 rooms (4 superior and 3 standard) for myself and 12 others.

On our arrival we were all greeted with a beautiful friendly smile from someone who genuinely seemed to enjoy giving good customer service and that never stopped all weekend, no matter what time of the day or night we turned up, and no matter who was on reception.

My superior room (#303) was a lovely room. Plenty of storage, some nice furniture, a fridge, a safe and a very modern bathroom. The shower was comfortably the most powerful I have ever experienced in my life! Suffice to say, it was that powerful I almost found it slightly uncomfortable! That was until I realised you could alter the power. The bed was comfy and when I woke up the first morning I was greeted by a large ornate light fitting that I had somehow missed before. Very nice it was too (see pic)

My group of friends were all men aged from twenty something to sixty something and all commented on how good the hotel was. Probably the most impressive thing was one of my friends mentioning that when he had his shower he stepped out on to a soaking wet floor, as he hadn't realised the shower head was broken and was was spraying water out at 90 degrees and over the top of the screen. As he passed the reception on his way out to explore the city with a few of us, he mentioned this to he receptionist. He also mentioned that his room mate was still asleep in bed, but it would not be a problem to go in and repair it as he normally didn't surface until early evening after a heavy night before. Low and behold when we all went back that evening to get changed, the shower head had been completely changed and his room mate had never even realised someone had been in. Very impressed!

The breakfast offering was good, as there was a fairly wide selection of fruit, cereal, pastries and some hot food.

The location was excellent. It was no more than a very pleasant 10 minute walk to the city centre. The closest bar on the way in to town had great beer at 29 crowns per half litre (90p a pint).

Overall, very impressed and I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: For an extra £8 a night I would definitely recommend a superior room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RiskyRich
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was one of my most horrible experience at all. I was on busines trip to Brno and needed to stay for two nights. At the chek-in I met obviously the most borded and unpleasant receptionist ever. The room was not prepared for me, thrash was full and in the bathroom were dirty towels. When I asked to change the room, my request was declined and I had to wait 20 minutes than housekeepers cleaned the room. I expected more for my 75€ / night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business