“If you can - avoid this "hotel"”
Review of City Hotel Brno

City Hotel Brno
Ranked #52 of 56 Hotels in Brno
Prague, Czech Republic
“If you can - avoid this "hotel"”
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

Hotel city is definitely the worst place I have ever stayed in! I would recommend it only to my most hated enemy. The room looked clean BUT in the bathroom There is no normal shower, if you want water then you need to press a button and hold it, you can't regulate the temperature! This is how I imagine showers in a jail, not in a 3-star. Another problém was that you can hear anything from the neighboring rooms. There are lots of students and workers, this is not a hotel but a dormitory. First Day I wanted to have a beer in their "restaurant" but it was such a disgusting place that I gave up. I was not brave enaugh to go to taste the breakfasf so I cannot say wheather it was good or not. All in All - a horrible experience. This is the place where you reálný start to miss your home.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Marketa_Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have travelled extensively and this is the worst "hotel" I've ever been to. I was booked into this hotel for 1 night and it was 1 night too many. Upon arrival, the receptionist completely ignored the fact that I had been standing there for 20 minutes. She just kept on talking to her colleague.The place was swarming with flies and extremely dirty. It was 2pm, check-in time and my room was not ready, so I had to wait again. Room walls so thin that I could hear everything going on in the room next to me. The "hotel" is on a highway so there is a lot of noise and they don't have any soundproof windows. Also, basically non-existant curtains so I was up at dawn. The "breakfast" was horrendous, my fried eggs were still attached to their shells! Lastly, check-out should have been 12pm but they wanted me to check-out at 11am. So, I had to wait in the "lobby" until I was picked up and the receptionist was not impressed. I've never written a review before but I had to for this hotel. They should be sued for saying that they are a 3 star hotel!

Room Tip: No rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Yiota_Nicola

Travellers are raving about these Brno hotels

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Worst hotel ever. How they can got three stars? The one is too much. Toilete ugly dirty, service is rude. Restaurant has dirty walls. No room service during whole week. Yes, unfortunately for me I must spent there whole week. NIGHTMARE !!!

• Stayed April 2011