“Excellent value....”
Review of Hotel Vista

Hotel Vista
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel Vista is a hotel located in a business district of Brno not far from the center. I stayed in this hotel one night and have to say that the standard that is provided overreaches the expectations of a 3star hotel. The staff was very friendly; the hotel is newly refurbished and very clean. The breakfast was nice and they had a very good coffee.. Internet connection was for free and functioning without any problem. I had really good sleep in a quiet room after a busy day. If I have to go to Brno again I will definitely turn back to Vista.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bobik2008
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for such a positive review. It is a pleasure to read such positive comments that are great motivation for the management and the staff. We look forward to seeing you in our hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Milan Sevela
Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Husband and I stayed there for 8 nights. The rooms are clean and modern with free Wi-Fi. The staff were very friendly and polite. Breakfast was very good and the restaurant seemed quite busy at night. We tried their goulash and it was FAB!!! . I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clark-trainspotters
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear valued guests,

thank you very much for your positive comments on your stay in our hotel. We look forward to accommodate you in our hotel again.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at Vista for 10 days in Feb. What a great choice! I was a bit weary at first, the hotel being on the other side of the town / opposite the airport , but it has proved to be the excellent choice! Lovely room - clean - bright - modern, great service - breakfast - dinner! NO FAULT WHAT SO EVER!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel during company presentation. I must say, this hotel is on the edge between 3 and 4 in overall rating. Hotel (for me like traveller) is 3, hotel as business facility is 4...and why? I start with hotel. Hotel is totally renovated, some rooms look really great but some are so empty, no picture on the wall, nothing. If i slept in colored (pictured) rooms, my opinion will be maybe 4, but i hadn´t. There were some problems with free wifi on the room (613) too and television selection was about 10 czech programs (international programs don´t work). Last thing was bed...it was so soft...incredibly soft..i never slept in too soft bed. So my opinion is 3. If i speak about hotel as conference center, i must say it was great. Conference center is relative small, but good. technicaly was problem only with conection of my computer to dataprojector, but it was solved, support from hotel management was great too, catering was fine. No problem. Only one problem was reconstruction in the part of conference center, but nothing important. so my opinion is 4.
Now about staff. Staff was good, some members were better, some worse. But in complete average. Food was average, not bad but nothing really excelent.
Positive:
Good business center
Good catering
Negative:
Problems with wifi
Loud central heating system during the night without any regulation on room
Positive/negative:
Very soft beds
Some rooms are "empty" some not
Average:
Staff

Conclusion: This hotel is not bad, i think is good and can be better, really better, I hope that next company action will be there, so i can to compare my first feelings with second stay. Really great was value of services. That was excelent. I can recomend stay here.

Room Tip: Central heating is too loud during the night.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,

thank you very much for such a detailed review of our hotel. We really apreciate your comments on each department of our hotel. We take your points very seriously and will try our best to improve our services that can be improved. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

I have been there many times & this hotel is really getting better. Completely renovated, better stuff and breakfasts are OK now. I just still miss the late night bar.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Dear valued guest,

thank you for posting your review. We are glad you were satisfied with our services and can assure you that we constantly work on improvements.

Looking forward to see you in our hotel next time

Best regards

Milan Sevela

Reviewed 30 June 2011

This place was picked for me by the company, our office is close by so it is convenient. It is on the edge of industrial area on one side, residential on the other. It is also close to the country and one side has a nice view of the hills. We didn't try any of the nearby restaurants, but chose to pile into taxis to downtown. This costs 220 crown / 10 Eur / $14 each way. The streetcar/tram seemed convenient and I woulda done that had I been solo. The rooftop bar was open one night and was well done with clear windscreens, also large umbrellas and propane heaters.
The rooms spartan but functional; I got lucky and had one of the Apartment rooms. Still only 1 TV. I found it surprising that there were 2 electrical outlets by the desk to run the lamp, TV, and phone with no space for my own devices. Good thing I travel with my own power strip. The TV does allow changing to A/V channel so I could watch TV shows from my own device. The Wifi setting was really great - no having to "login" or "accept" - just choose to connect and bang that's done. Doesn't stretch to the restaurant though.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking entry parking lot for view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We go to this hotel every yesr for the World Superbikes in July, Normally 12 of us and we nobody has ever faulted it. It has just recently had a total refurb and looks fantastic. Always get good service. The breakfasts are OK, just be weary of the Germans who dont eat the breakfast but just come down and load up their bags with breakfast to take to the circuit for lunches etc!! Bars is good as is the food, there is also a bar and restaurant complex 5 minutes walk away and a nice little football club with good cheap beer just down the road. Its easy to get into the town centre, just a 5-10 minute tram ride. Thoroughly recommended. A+

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank vtwinjames
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Dear valued guest,

thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoy your stays in our hotel and look forward to see you again in July during the Superbike event.

Best regards