“The best !!!!”

Hostel Cafe Mitte
Ranked #2 of 53 Speciality Lodging in Brno
“The best !!!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in Tugendhat room for 6 people for 2 nights. Though we shared the bathroom with one double room, there wasn´t a single problem! There are three bunk beds, each has a curtain which makes it a bit more private. The building, location (the very centre of Brno), staff, its café, breakfast - everything was superb!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Lake Myvatn, Iceland
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We only stayed for one night in this hostel but I would have loved to stay longer in that town. The location was very good and the staff was super helpful, with everything we needed. The rooms have curtains for the beds which makes the beds a bit more private.
    Upstairs was the common room and the kitchen witch was not the best place to sit and chill but downstairs there is a coffee shop where it was very cozy to have a coffee and chat.
    Would stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hostel Mitte was one of my favourite places that I stayed in during my 6 months in Europe. The staff we're incredibly warm and friendly and we're happy to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The hostel itself is very clean, very cosy, and each room has it's own character. I've stayed in many 6+ bed dorm rooms and this was by far the most spacious I have stayed in. Despite it being 'Low season' - the hostel were kind enough to let me perform a small concert for them with my guitar in their quaint and lovely cafe! It was a wonderful evening with a nice, relaxed atmosphere and the staff took great care of me. Whether you're travelling alone, as a couple or in a group - I couldn't recommend this hostel enough! I hope to return in the Summer :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Pilsen, Czech Republic
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I slept in Hostel Mitte just for one night, but I don´t have any complains. Staff was very kind and helpfull. Bathroom was spacioous and with a bathtub. The breakfast was also delicious.
I really appreciate the location of the hostel. It is close to the railway station and shopping center is just next to the hostel. I really enjoy staying here and I can recomend it:)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Hostel Mitte. The friendly staff members were so warm and welcoming when we arrived. One staff member sat down with me to show me a map and point out all the highlights, including some recommended restaurants. The location is very convenient, about a 5 minute walk from the train station and within easy walking distance of all of Brno's main attractions.

We stayed in the Kundera room which was in the attic. The bed was very comfortable, but there were a couple of minor inconveniences. First, there was no bathroom in the attic, so we had to use the bathroom in the common room on the floor below. I'm used to using shared bathrooms in hostels, but it was a little strange that this one was in the common room and not the most fun having to go downstairs instead of across the hall in the middle of the night. Also, the wi-fi signal did not reach the attic or even the common room on the floor below. I had to go down to reception to get a signal.

Neither of these complaints was that serious though, and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff definitely makes a stay at Hostel Mitte highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Kundera room which was in the attic. The bed was very comfortable, but there were a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I visited Brno with my boyfriend in April 2014; we stayed for 2 nights. I chose Hostel Mitte because of its great location in the centre of Brno and good prices. Also the webside looked attractive to me. Now I can tell it was a good choice: the hostel is really cosy and it has a great atmosphere, it is clean, all the staff was very friendly and helpful, plus, they really have great coffee. I can reccommend this place to all young travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Pelhrimov, Czech Republic
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed many times in Brno before, but this place surprised me a lot. Although it is a hostel, the atmosphere, equipment and staff are on a higher level. Interier is very nice and functional, everything is clean, including the bathrooms, staff very welcoming. And what is most important - even though the building is in the very centre (Panska 11), this little street is very quiet. Recommended!

Room Tip: I stayed at Godel, single room. it was nice, light and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business