I stayed at this hotel during my 4-days visit to the area of Brno for business. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a disappointment:
- Rooms: Really small, really hot, unpleasant odor coming from the drainage in the bathroom. In order to balance the temperature I had to switch the heater off for a whole day and also open the window in the morning (while it was -4 degrees Celsius outside).
- Breakfast: The poorest breakfast I have seen in all my recent trips. There were days where there was not a single vegetable or fruit available. The only "plus" was the coffee machine that could produce a decent espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc.
- Service: At the reception, the staff was very helpful.
- Cleanliness: Very clean hotel and room. However, the nasty odor coming from all toilets (restaurant toilet included), was making me personally feel sick.
- Restaurant: Really not worth the money. Although the staff was really trying, everything we tasted was not good enough. Deserts were probably frozen and then heated in the microwave. In general, with the description of the dishes in the menu (and their price), the expectations were high but the food let us down.
- Location: About 15-20minutes walk from the city center, in an area where you don't feel so comfortable walking. No bars/restaurants in the vicinity.
In overall, I don't think I'm visiting this hotel again in the future. It was my third visit in the area and the third different hotel I'm trying. I hope that next time I find something better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel OLD TOWN Brno **** is a newly built four-star design hotel with a wide range of services. Due to its location, it offers a quick and convenient access of Brno city centre, with important administrative and shopping centres and popular sightseeings. The hotel is atractive with modern look, equiped with newest technologies and enchanting with pleasant atmosphere and professional service. The hotel provides closed, camera-secured parking inside the hotel complex, which guests can use free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Old Town Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.