“GRAND HOTEL BRNO”

Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Brno
Cambridge UK
“GRAND HOTEL BRNO”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very pleasant stay, staff very friendly, professional.
Enjoyed stay two nights this month.
Stayed here several times before.
Will recommend to anyone who is visiting Brno
Excellent location, close to the Rail Station, and
bus stop for Airport.
Excellent staff on Reception.

Room Tip: Excellent Breakdast ( Swedish Table ) High quality Room Service ( fast) Quiet night sleep
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Grandhotel B, Front office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us as well as positive comments and recommendation you have made.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the future.

Grandhotel Brno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed for 11 nights in march on business. Restaurants, bars, shops all within 5 minutes walk.
Watch out for "Kate Bush" at the hotel bar !! Great modern gym and sauna (free).
Good choice at breakfast.
Enjoyed the casino - free drinks while your at the tables.
Excellent staff on reception.
All in all very good hotel.

Andrew , Newcastle upon Tyne

• Stayed March 2013
Grandhotel B, Front Office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback, it is very important for us.
I am glad that you were satisfied with our service we provided and that you enjoyed your stay
in Grandhotel Brno.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and it was alright. The hotel feels like it was decorated in the 80's, wood panelling and chintz curtains. My room was big with a high ceiling, room temp was fine, lovley bathroom with a bath. A word of warning if you have children, the window opened right up, which I personally liked as it was good to get fresh air rather than smell the cigarettes that fills the whole place, so a word of caution, you could easily fall out of it if you were a child.

TV was an old one, but did the job, 3 UK channels were adequate.

Free fantastic wifi, well done grand hotel, this kept me in contact with my loved ones.

I had a 3 course meal in the restaurant, which has the same old feel to it, with a rockery and water pool/feature in the middle, but don't let that put you off, the food was fab, they obviously have a good chef my bill was about £25.

I asked for a late check out, which was free until 2pm, fantastic service from front desk too, fixing the batteries in my remote, but I called for room service at 10, and they closed at 10, so no sandwich for me.

The room had a kettle, but no tea/coffee or even a mug or tea cup. No iron or ironing board either. I probably could have asked for these but I felt I had caused enough hassle with my remote control battery drama lol!

Breakfast was continental style, with nicley cooked scrambled eggs and bratwurst and spicy german style sausages, not my cup of tea, but loads more food to choose from, boiled eggs, pastries, fruit, cheeses and cold meats, also every type of bread you could imagine.

Single bed was very small but adequate.

If you are a UK traveller a normal EU 2 pin adaptor will not work, unless you use it in the bathroom with the shaver socket.

Central location, airport bus stop right outside, as well as the train station and tram stop. Easy quick walk to the shops.

There is some noise from the trams outside, but this didnt bother me really as i am a heavy sleeper.

I agree with some other reviewers in that it was more like a 3 star.

Dont think i would return due to the smell of cigarettes.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Grandhotel B, Katerina IllkovaFront office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share the experiences with your stay in Grandhotel Brno.

We are glad to hear, that the hotel and its city centre location as well as our helpful staff met your expectation.
We are happy, that you spent an enjoyable time in Le Grand Restaurant.

I would like to inform you, that according to the decision taken by hotel management all hotel rooms and area are non smoking now.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to our hotel soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Having just stayed at a 5 star hotel in London the night before, I was interested to see how this 4 star in the Czech republic would compare.

First of all, it's in the most convenient location imaginable, opposite the train station, by the airport bus stop, on the edge of a pretty small and eminently walkable town centre.

Second, although it does have a somewhat dated decor, it's scrupulously clean and exceedingly comfortable.

Third, the service, as with everywhere else we went in Brno, was excellent. Not just professional but also convivial, helpful and personal.

Fourth, our room was huge, and warm. Actually maybe a bit too warm, but then I like it cold. We had aircon I just didn't use it, and opened the window instead. It's a personal preference.

It wasn't perfect. The TV was a bit rubbish, there was a lightbulb blown in the bedroom, and yes the decor made it feel like a late 80's Bond film.

But it was far far better than most other places I've stayed, and at £60 a night, it was an absolute bargain.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably better, in case you don't want to hear traffic or the sound of drunke...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Grandhotel B, Front Office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Grandhotel Brno for your stay in Brno and thank you also for sharing your impression. We appreciate your comments, which is very important for us.

We are pleased to hear that you spent an enjoyable time in Brno, especially in Grandhotel Brno.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel in the future.

Aliso Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel – I came in from Vienna on the bus (2.5 hour ride – great experience) and the hotel is just across from the bus stop. The hotel is an almost surreal experience – almost like you in an Eastern bloc country from the early 80s (except for the iPhones and Macs everywhere). My room had a large padded door and looked a bit dated but the bathroom was brand new. The hotel staff were very helpful and polite.
Getting there: I took the bus from Vienna airport and it stops right across from the hotel.
Here is my summary – I try to take into account the things you might find important on a business trip
Location Very good, easy to get to. I did not eat at the hotel but the menu looked like it has a number of vegetarian choices which is very good for people like me.
Room Comfortable beds, temperature control in room
Bathroom Very well equipped; nice shower, shaving mirror
Workspace Decent, 1 power socket available at table, not much room on the desk if you have a laptop on it
Wi-Fi Average performance, free. Easily able to connect to my work network and work remotely.
Breakfast Reasonable – lots of pastries and fruit.
Negatives A little dated.

I’d stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and staying with us. We really appreciate the
sharing of your impression.
We are glad that our service as well as the hotel location have made your stay a remarkable
one.
We believe that your next stay in Grandhotel Brno will meet your expectation at least as the
first one.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel again in the future

We remain with best regards
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I am disgusted with this hotel. The one thing you expect is a decent bed to sleep on and not one that has a great big dip in it.. After inspecting the bed in the morning, I find 2 planks were missing from the base! I complained to the reception but there was NO OFFER of compensation. Please see the picture to see what I am referring to.
I suggest trying one of the other hotels in Brno.

Room Tip: Try another hotel in a better part of the town!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank mattsw1
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your comments and we
will be working diligently to make your next stay much more comfortable.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and we would like
to offer you an upgrade to a higher room category as compensation for the inconveniences.

Your sincerely
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here in march with 10 other friends. I was surprised at the cleanliness and the size of the rooms! The staff were helpful and the hotel bar wasn't too expensive. There is also a casino which was good fun. You are based by the train station and the city centre is right on your doorstep. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to share your experience. I am glad, that you had a nice stay in Brno and that the hotel’s location, good service and quality we provided have made your stay a remarkable one.

I believe that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,