US$70
Priceline
eFi Hotel(Brno)
US$59
  • Pool
All reviewsgrand hoteltrain stationexecutive suiteliquid soapold townstandard roomczech republicmain stationcentral locationfresh fruitthe air conditioningcoffee machinevisit brnobreakfast was includedtown centrenice bathroomparking place
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here last weekend for 2 nights, Its like I said in the title its ok but nothing special.
-The hotel smells of smoke,even on the non smoking floors.
-There is a kettle in the room but no tea bags or coffee when we asked at reception we were told that there was a coffee machine in the restaurant !!
-Our friends had somebody walk into there room (without knocking)and straight out again at 7am (hope it was the maid)
-Rooms are Travel Lodge standard at best
However even with all these negative points I would stay here again but only if I was getting it very cheap as the location is good and breakfast is not bad.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Grandhotel B, Front Office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment.
Even that your feedback is not completly positive we are thankful, it help us to improve our services.
Hopefully we will see you soon again to have a chance to make your stay more satisfied.

Veronika Gábová

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very pleasant stay, staff very friendly, professional.
Enjoyed stay two nights this month.
Stayed here several times before.
Will recommend to anyone who is visiting Brno
Excellent location, close to the Rail Station, and
bus stop for Airport.
Excellent staff on Reception.

Room Tip: Excellent Breakdast ( Swedish Table ) High quality Room Service ( fast) Quiet night sleep
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Grandhotel B, Front office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us as well as positive comments and recommendation you have made.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed for 11 nights in march on business. Restaurants, bars, shops all within 5 minutes walk.
Watch out for "Kate Bush" at the hotel bar !! Great modern gym and sauna (free).
Good choice at breakfast.
Enjoyed the casino - free drinks while your at the tables.
Excellent staff on reception.
All in all very good hotel.

Andrew , Newcastle upon Tyne

• Stayed: March 2013
Grandhotel B, Front Office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback, it is very important for us.
I am glad that you were satisfied with our service we provided and that you enjoyed your stay
in Grandhotel Brno.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and it was alright. The hotel feels like it was decorated in the 80's, wood panelling and chintz curtains. My room was big with a high ceiling, room temp was fine, lovley bathroom with a bath. A word of warning if you have children, the window opened right up, which I personally liked as it was good to get fresh air rather than smell the cigarettes that fills the whole place, so a word of caution, you could easily fall out of it if you were a child.

TV was an old one, but did the job, 3 UK channels were adequate.

Free fantastic wifi, well done grand hotel, this kept me in contact with my loved ones.

I had a 3 course meal in the restaurant, which has the same old feel to it, with a rockery and water pool/feature in the middle, but don't let that put you off, the food was fab, they obviously have a good chef my bill was about £25.

I asked for a late check out, which was free until 2pm, fantastic service from front desk too, fixing the batteries in my remote, but I called for room service at 10, and they closed at 10, so no sandwich for me.

The room had a kettle, but no tea/coffee or even a mug or tea cup. No iron or ironing board either. I probably could have asked for these but I felt I had caused enough hassle with my remote control battery drama lol!

Breakfast was continental style, with nicley cooked scrambled eggs and bratwurst and spicy german style sausages, not my cup of tea, but loads more food to choose from, boiled eggs, pastries, fruit, cheeses and cold meats, also every type of bread you could imagine.

Single bed was very small but adequate.

If you are a UK traveller a normal EU 2 pin adaptor will not work, unless you use it in the bathroom with the shaver socket.

Central location, airport bus stop right outside, as well as the train station and tram stop. Easy quick walk to the shops.

There is some noise from the trams outside, but this didnt bother me really as i am a heavy sleeper.

I agree with some other reviewers in that it was more like a 3 star.

Dont think i would return due to the smell of cigarettes.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Grandhotel B, Katerina IllkovaFront office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share the experiences with your stay in Grandhotel Brno.

We are glad to hear, that the hotel and its city centre location as well as our helpful staff met your expectation.
We are happy, that you spent an enjoyable time in Le Grand Restaurant.

I would like to inform you, that according to the decision taken by hotel management all hotel rooms and area are non smoking now.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to our hotel soon

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Having just stayed at a 5 star hotel in London the night before, I was interested to see how this 4 star in the Czech republic would compare.

First of all, it's in the most convenient location imaginable, opposite the train station, by the airport bus stop, on the edge of a pretty small and eminently walkable town centre.

Second, although it does have a somewhat dated decor, it's scrupulously clean and exceedingly comfortable.

Third, the service, as with everywhere else we went in Brno, was excellent. Not just professional but also convivial, helpful and personal.

Fourth, our room was huge, and warm. Actually maybe a bit too warm, but then I like it cold. We had aircon I just didn't use it, and opened the window instead. It's a personal preference.

It wasn't perfect. The TV was a bit rubbish, there was a lightbulb blown in the bedroom, and yes the decor made it feel like a late 80's Bond film.

But it was far far better than most other places I've stayed, and at £60 a night, it was an absolute bargain.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably better, in case you don't want to hear traffic or the sound of drunken people late at night. Having said that I only heard them because a) the window was open as I was too warm, which was the case because b) I was completely trolleyed having overdone it with the cheap and lovely wine, beer and absinthe.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Grandhotel B, Front Office at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Grandhotel Brno for your stay in Brno and thank you also for sharing your impression. We appreciate your comments, which is very important for us.

We are pleased to hear that you spent an enjoyable time in Brno, especially in Grandhotel Brno.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel in the future.