“Great City Hotel”
Review of Grandhotel Brno

Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very impressive, comfortable and clean hotel.We had room/suite 229 for £407 for 7 nights B&B-excellent value. Good breakfast. Attentive staff.Only negative were the trams being a little noisy at night but nothing to disturb sleep. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Brno and for sharing lovely review with others.
I am very happy to read you had a nice stay with us in Grandhotel Brno.

It would be great to see you at our hotel again in the future.

With really warm regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Hotel many times and find it a very good business hotel. Its location is good near main railway / coach station and easy walking distance to all restaurants and bars of which there are many.
My only disappointment was that I booked a double room for single use and was given a twin on the 4 th floor which was adequate but had no external window other that the skylight.
Hotel is very clean staff are helpful and you have an excellent breakfast choice
An important positive feature is free Internet access in all the rooms
I would recommend this hotel when staying in Brno and I will stay here again but will check on the room location before I arrive

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking your time and submitting this nice review, as well as for recommending our hotel here on Tripadvisor.
Please accept our apology for the misunderstanding with the choice of the room type.

Thank you for planning your next stay with us on your future visit to Brno.

Greetings from Grandhotel Brno

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel! I stayed here with my husband for 5 nights. The room eas spacious and very clean. Im coeliac so it is often a pain trying to get gluten free bread when travelling. The first morning at breakfast u asked for some gf bread i didnt have to ask any other morning as soon as i arrived in the dining room it was delivered wuth a smile! The hotel is ideaky situated very near to bis station and close ti shops and restaurants i woulf definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Phil,

It is very rewarding for us to see that we have provided an excellent service to our guests and you were fully satisfied with your stay.
Thank you for the nice words you used to describe the dedication and helpfulness of our staff, we much appreciate it.

Anytime travelling to Brno, we will be more than delighted to welcome you back in our hotel.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel is located next to train station, so the location is perfect.
Old hotel, sometimes you will feel like back in times here :)
Rooms are comfortable, but it is little bit noisy from outside - you are in center.
Good breakfast.
Parking spaces are limited, better to reserve in advance.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Michal,

Let me thank you for sharing a positive comment about your recent stay at Grandhotel Brno.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Grand Hotel Brno, this was one of the best experiences I had, the staff was friendly and the stay at the hotel was a very good experience, it is close to the train station and public transport which was an added factor.

The food was very good, tasty and affordable, I recommend this hotel if you ever need to travel to Brno stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew,

We are very happy to hear that we are on the top of the list of the best hotels you have stayed in. We are always trying to make our guest to feel like at home.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Greetings from Brno

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed recently in the Grand Hotel as a single traveller in Feb for 4 nights.
The hotel is very centrally located. I asked for an upgrade when I arrived but there were none available. I got a single room, very basic , no tea and coffee facilities but it had a nice bathroom but away from the main corridor. The bed was poor and not every day did the cleaning ladies attend.
The breakfast was very good but there is no atmosphere in this hotel at all and the bar is boring and a very cold place to sit and have coffee.
It really needs a shake up of colour. Only a small no of staff were friendly the rest didnt seem to care.
Not a grand hotel at all just average.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter as the trams run late into the night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tabbyLeitrim

Dear Traveler,

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet expectations with your recent stay at our hotel, but I would like to thank you for your feedback at the same time. It is important to know if there are still some areas we could work on and improve them.

It will be pleasure for us welcome you back to Grandhotel Brno to show you our improvements.

With kind regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at the Grand Hotel for two nights in late January. The room and the bathroom were very spacious and well equipped. The breakfast offered as much variety as I could have wished for. All the hotel staff were friendly and efficient. What I am most grateful for was the aftercare - I left phone and Ipad chargers in my room and they were posted on to me at no cost. If you go to Brno I would definitely recommend staying at the Grand.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the Grandhotel Brno.
Satisfaction of our guests is our top priority
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Grandhotel Brno to enjoy another excellent stay with us.

Sincerely Yours