All reviewsgrand hoteltrain stationtravelling by trainexecutive suiteliquid soapold towntram noisehotel barstandard roomcity centreczech republiclocation is excellentmain stationparking spacebreakfast was excellentbooked this hotelbig room
Reviewed 29 March 2014

On 16 of march I was for one more time at this hotel. I like this hotel for many reasons. Excellent service from all the staff clean and perfect location. Breakfast very good. What hotel needs to renovate the rooms. For sure I recommend this hotel and for sure I will stay always there whenever I visit Brno

• Stayed: March 2014
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking your time and submitting this excellent review, as well as for recommending our hotel here on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you had wonderful stay at the Grandhotel Brno.

Thank you once again for planning your next stay with us on your future visit to Brno.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel is decent and in a wonderful and convenient location. I must say though that the best part about the hotel that I found particularly refreshing were the two young employees working breakfast service. Two mornings in a row I watched them provide the most exceptional service as they worked the entire dining room clearing plates as soon as people were done with them and resetting tables as soon as they were vacated. They kept the place in perfect order. I found myself sitting there watching them do their work and was simply impressed with this young lady and young man. Well done you two and thank you. I stayed here March 27 and 28.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sean,
Let me thank you for sharing a beautiful comment about your recent stay.
With pleasure I already passed your compliments to my colleagues from F&B team.

We hope that you will have a possibility to visit us again some day in the future.

Warm regards from Brno

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We spent 3 days in Executive room. Hotel is in great location, in city center, near to train station and near to junction of trams, that's really great. Hotel is old and lobby seems little bit faded, but personal was helpful on front desk. Room is really big, 40 m2 is great, it is situated in corner, so you have view into two sides. Furnishings were average, but it was fine that room doesn't seem so faded like lobby.
In hotel there rules chaos, we were several times visited by staff (without knocking) who didn't know that we should be on the room. That was really terrible and should not happen in any hotel.
In addition in executive room there should be included backet with fresh fruit, but it was not there.
Also breakfast was little bit poor with no variety.
From general view, hotel is not bad, maybe one of the best in Brno, but for a price which we paid we would expect more in comparison with hotel in other cities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Viktor,

Thank you for your feedback and remarks regarding your recent stay with us at Grandhotel Brno. I am glad you found aspects of your stay which you enjoyed and at the same time I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our services. Believe me that such occurrences are not usual in our hotel. Nevertheless we have already taken necessary steps to avoid similar situation in the future.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you here again to show you all our improvements.

Wish you lovely spring time

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very impressive, comfortable and clean hotel.We had room/suite 229 for £407 for 7 nights B&B-excellent value. Good breakfast. Attentive staff.Only negative were the trams being a little noisy at night but nothing to disturb sleep. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Brno and for sharing lovely review with others.
I am very happy to read you had a nice stay with us in Grandhotel Brno.

It would be great to see you at our hotel again in the future.

With really warm regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Hotel many times and find it a very good business hotel. Its location is good near main railway / coach station and easy walking distance to all restaurants and bars of which there are many.
My only disappointment was that I booked a double room for single use and was given a twin on the 4 th floor which was adequate but had no external window other that the skylight.
Hotel is very clean staff are helpful and you have an excellent breakfast choice
An important positive feature is free Internet access in all the rooms
I would recommend this hotel when staying in Brno and I will stay here again but will check on the room location before I arrive

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking your time and submitting this nice review, as well as for recommending our hotel here on Tripadvisor.
Please accept our apology for the misunderstanding with the choice of the room type.

Thank you for planning your next stay with us on your future visit to Brno.

Greetings from Grandhotel Brno