“Great bang for your buck!”
Review of Holiday Inn Brno

Holiday Inn Brno
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Okay I will start with the bad first.
The air conditioning in the room did not cut it. We had a two room suite, one room was cold(the children's side), the other quite not.
The king bed. Somehow the bed had caved in on the driver's side and I kept almost rolling off the bed in the night. In any other suite I would have rated this 5 stars across the board.
The good.
The room was huge. Fairly modern, and with free wifi and wired internet, as well as parking I couldn't have asked for a better deal. The kids were comfortable, and had their own bathroom :).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2010

The Holiday Inn, Brno was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. The rooms were very nice and very quiet. There was no noise what so ever and we always got a great night of sleep. Some people complain about the location being away from the city center, however it is an easy walk to either the tram or bus stop to fix that problem.

The food in the bar was great and the service was even better. We were always greeted with a smile and made to feel welcome.

I was also quite happy with the breakfast buffet. Just be sure to get the room rate that includes the buffet, it is worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Hotel Holiday Inn Brno means comfort, hospitality, proffessional service in different areas of the hotel. Reception staff is professional, smiling and very helpful. Hotel rooms are very comfortable and practical at the same time.
The breakfast in this hotel makes your day!!! It is tasty, very good quality and nicely served.
The hotel is located around the corner from the main exhibition ground in Brno. I stayed here several times during my business trips in Brno and it is always pleasure to be back. Great place to meet with business partners, very representative conference spaces.
The hotel was recommended to me and I can recommend it to others. Great choice for your stay in Brno!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Stayed at this hotel with a colleague and we both booked separately. The rate that I got was higher and turned out not to include breakfast. I pointed out to their manager that I was very unhappy about the fact that their rates are not transparent and that I had less value for money than my colleague. They were not willing to do anything about it. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
HolidayInnBrno, Sales & Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2010

Dear Sir,
I was sorry to hear that you had experienced trouble with the rate at our hotel. I was informed about the inconvenience by our Front Office Manager.
It turned out that you had made your booking via HRS, where the information about the breakfast is displayed on the first page, where all the hotels in Brno are listed (column: Meals p. person). You have booked public rate Advance Purchase. Your colleague identified himself as an employee of the company, which has special contracted rate at our hotel, so this rate was confirmed to him. If you always visit this company when you are in Brno, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will send you instructions how to book their special rate (corporate ID number).
Every guest is important to us and we are very sorry that this situation made you feel upset. I can assure you that the rates on our web site are very transparent and this is the first time that we´ve received such a complaint.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Yours sincerely

Koraljka Prikrylova
Sales & Marketing Manager
Holiday Inn Brno
e-mail: corporate@hibrno.cz

Reviewed 29 January 2010

it's a good hotel, in a business park. Rooms are ok, but nothing special. The restaurant was quite good.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Uniek
Reviewed 21 January 2010

You can expect the usual from this international hotel chain as one is very much like the other. This one perhaps a little dated in terms of décor and in-room services – the hairdryer, for example – one of those rubbish stuck-to-the-wall types.

It had free cable internet access in the room and wireless was available in the lobby and bar. The staff were pleasant and helpful – printing off train timetables for example and advising on local services.

The bar had long opening hours, permitted smoking (although it was well ventilated and easy to move away from) and had a rather splendid pool table. Our only sample of the food was lunch from the lobby bar menu but it was very good, no complaints there.

The price was reasonable, the standard was as expected and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2009

You`re not exactly spoilt for choice in Brno for a decent hotel - over the past few years I`ve avoided this place and my most recent visit reminded me why. The rooms are actually ok, breakfast is reasonable but the `customer service` really lets this place down.
Dont expect a smile, welcome or thank-you; don`t eat at the bar (if you want properly cooked food) and expect to pay 30-50% higher prices than some of the smaller places in the centre of town.

In summary there`s no value here for our Pound, Euro, Dollar (or Czech Crown)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business