“Nice hotel but too expensive”
Review of Hotel Continental

Hotel Continental
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Brno
Odense, Denmark
“Nice hotel but too expensive”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The room had a big and comfortable bed. The bathroom was build in way so the room around the toilet was narrow. The water pressure in the shower was insufficient. The city view from the windows were very nice. The minibar was well equipped. There was a Ineternet cable connection and wifi. The breakfast was excellent. the location was a bit away from the Center and train station. The cost was too high for the standard. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Get to the top floors and ask also for one big bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Lars,
we have 2 big occasions in Brno when the room rates are increased. First one is Moto GP in August and second one is International Engineering Fair in October this year. You visited our hotel during the second one when the price is the highest. Our room rates are very reasonable for the rest of the year. Please you can check our price list on our webside.
Thank you for your comment about the water pressure our maintenance department is checking the system already.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope we can welcome you again in future.
With my best regards,
Petra Vicenikova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My experience is horrific. I had a very important business meeting, needed a rest, but the heating was off. There was so cold in the room, that I was forced to sleep on the floor in the bathroom, so that I could warm up the air a little by my breathing.

Considering the prices and the service provided - one night on the floor, I cannot recommend you this hotel.

In addition, even the breakfast area was very, very cold.

To sum up, NEVER again.

Room Tip: Ask about the heating
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear guest,
the heating season just begun in Czech Republic and I am very sorry to read here that the heating in your room did not work. There is a possibility that some air was in the heating or some other technical error accured but it is a huge shame that you did not contact the reception and asked for help. Our reception is opened 24 hours and the staff is ready to help the guests at any time.
I understand that you want to share the unpleasant experience but it really bothers me that you did not give us a chance to correct it. We would be more than happy to fix the heating in your room or offer you upgraded room.
With my best regards
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

First off all 4 of us arrived on motorbikes and they want 11 euro a night for parking per bike while we only took one space. In all other hotels we stopped in they only charged for one.
Secondly we arrived at 6 o'clock our room was not ready we booked a twin room but when we got there the settee had been made up as a bed which I can say is not very comfortable they could have split the beds but no effort had been made.
The piano bar is very good and two friendly bar men and well priced competed with the parking rate.

• Stayed August 2013
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Johathan,
thank you for your comments and please accept my apology for the trouble with your twin bed room. We had too many requests of twin bed rooms for moto GP weekend. We tried to please everybody as much as we could and I understand that the solution with an extra bed in the room was not perfect but believe me there was no other option.
The price for parking in our underground garage is 250 czk for 24 hours. This price is very reasonable for parking in the center of our town and for that reason we do make any difference between the car and the motorbike.
I hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you again.
With my best regards,
Reviewed 25 August 2013

• Stayed August 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel continental, offers great service, food and drink. Based very close to the center Brno it is a great stop to be near many shops, bars and cafes.
The hotel offers clean comfortable rooms with plenty space. A great bar offering a wide selection of drinks and food.
A full breakfast bar sets you up for the day, great hot and cold meats, a wide selection of breads and good coffee is on offer

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Continental for three nights while at a conference at nearby Mendel University. I really did not know what to expect, on my first visit to Czech Republic.
The hotel is very central and has easy access to the city. My check-in experience was very good and my room, although small, was clean, comfortable and with fantastic views over the city, on the 11th floor.
I ate in the restaurant on my first night and this was easily the best meal of my entire stay in Czech Republic. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast in the hotel is wonderful, with plenty of choice and good food.
The only issue I had was that the lift was sometimes slow to arrive, which can be a problem on the 11th floor.

Room Tip: My room on 11th floor was quiet and had good views of the city.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Sharon,

thank you for taking your time and writing this lovely review. I would like to explain the situation with our lifts. We are replacing windows in some parts of the hotel during the month of June and July. One of our three lifts is used by the repairmen only. It is a shame but there is no other way to get the new windows to the top floors and the old ones down. It is just the temporary complication.
Thank you again. We will be be more than happy to welcome you in Brno again.
My best regards

Petra Viceníková
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Excellent location, friendly and helpful personnel. Any , minor problems, solved adequately and instantly. The only limitation: some of the people of the personnel, although so eager to satisfy any request, do not speak even a bit of English. Breakfast with enormous variety and very tasty. Last but not least: the human touch. It was my birthday on one of the days I stayed in this Hotel. I was on a business trip and when I came back in the room the evening of my birthday, I found on the desk a fresh flower in a vase and one elegant page with heartful wishes from the manager. It made me feel “at home” although so far away, such a day. Unusual, unexpected, heartwarming, impressive.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a wonderful view and less noise
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Helen,
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. It is nice to hear that hotel staff is helpful and pleasant to our guest. It is true that some of our employees like room maids, cleaning staff or people from maintanance department do not speak english but there is always someone at the reception to translate and help.
We hope to see you again Helen.
With warm regards,