“Great experience- 100% yes”
Review of Il Mercato - CLOSED

Il Mercato
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was in the restaurant few times. Tried "a la carte" for dinner, also tried the "Special -of the day" they have everyday for lunch. Every time I was 100% satisfied with the meal, wine, service.. All over great experience. One of my visits was with the person on very strict diet - stuff was very helpful- nothing was a problem, cook did exactly what we asked for.. Not very common in CZ;) anyway- strongly recommend. M

There are newer reviews for Il Mercato

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I must say I found the experience at Il Mercato disappointing. While the setting was nice (we sat at the terrace) with a lovely view of the square in front of the restaurant, we think the food was way overpriced for the quality we got. We had much better meals in Prague for that kind of money. Also, smoking is allowed outside. I don't get it: if you have the tables so close to each other, why allow smoking? There is a cafe next door and we were wondering whether the experience there would have been better, and kind of wished we went there instead. I don't think that's a good sign when you leave a pricey restaurant.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am regular visitor to Il Mercato. Never eat from menu but always get the fantastic meat - recommend Marchegianna (or however you spell it) T-bone or I-bone with truffle sauce and whatever side dish you like. Cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The absolut best restaurant in town! Top food, where you can choose your own fish raw, before cooking it or fried it. Your own waiter/waitress cleard it befor you eat. The meat was also superior. All plates være big and no hunger left when finnished. Absolut topp service. You only have to look at the waiters, and he or she came at once.
We are tre mates (tres amigos) from Norway who travels a lot. We always seek for the best restaurant in every town we visit, and found it. Then you stopp seeking. We had the pleasure to eat there many times and it's always a plaesure to be recognized when you arrive. We were met by smile and excellent service. And so cheap. We just laugh when the bill came.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This restaurant was apparently pricey for Brno, we spent €90 for two with starters, main (steak), and a bottle of wine. It is obviously aimed at tourists and is priced the same as a decent restaurant at home. I enjoyed selecting my own steak from the tray of steak brought to the table. bread basket is to die for, I ate two baskets, hence had to skip dessert!