“good restaurant. Great value for money”

Monte Bu Restaurant a Steakhouse
Ranked #48 of 924 Restaurants in Brno
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The restaurant and steakhouse Monte Bu is the only restaurant in Brno where you can taste the unique gastronomic experience, the meat from our own maturing area. With the maximum thoroughness, we are choosing for you the best from Czech bio beef breeds and American premium meat. The meat matures for more than 60 days, and obtains a unique taste. Our butchers prepare this meat to obtain neglected cuts, which we rediscovered and bring to your table. Recently we are offering Japanese Wagyu beef and as the only one in Brno Tomahawk steak and Porterhouse. And on top of that you can take advantage of our heated terrace almost all year round.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Been their together with my wife.
The restaurant is not straight on the road. It's on the hill 30 meters to the left/right of the address. The lights and a cow statue that was illuminated gave us the hint to locate the place. Not a big deal but needs attention, especially when its dark outside.
Lots of parking place.

Decoration is like steak house should be: Woods and dimmed light everywhere, nice!

We ordered great carpaccio and huge Cesar Salad for starters. We shared a 450g local rib steak with creamy mushrooms sauce and green beans as side order.

Carpaccio was great and so was the salad which came with lots of chicken and bacon strips.
Steak was huge and lean (which was OK for me since i watch my weight) but was lack of taste although it looks as a quality tender meat with the correct "medium" preparation. Since this cut is very lean, a "medium rare" or "rare" would be much more suitable and recommended.

The highlight was the Slovak "Cava type" wine that we ordered. The wine taste OK for a sparkling wine but the highlight was the way they open the bottle. They take a sward and literally behead the cup with the sword. A bit macabre but an experience!

Service was good. English was broken but efficient. Great value for money. All in all, a great evening and a great place!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Interesting restaurant - quite an atmosphere and interior.
The food is alright, the burger was exceptional. Very broad range of rums.
Helpful staff.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Nice place, with plenty of seats, so if you are member of a large group, this restaurant will suits you just fine. Meal is ok, but some tables are not so good placed, so if you want to sit across, you have to go all the way around all the tables in the line. Which is quite a distance to make. Also parking in front of the restaurant needs some improvments.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Have been there last weekend to have a dinner with my friends. Best carpaccio I ever had!!!! Great steaks and lovely atmosphere. There is an outside terace with heating so you can sit outside, but 15'C it is not enough for me :)

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We went to Monte Bu for dinner and we expected steak house in a little bit different way. The service is so slow! I had carpaccio which was one of the best I tried and steak which wasn't so good. If I say medium rare, I want to have medium rare in every piece of steak. Not medium in the middle, not medium rare on the left side and rare on the right side.. Meat wasn't so special, so I still believe that Borgo Agnese has the best steaks in the town.

1  Thank SandraPetrasova