“Just what I was looking for. Every day of my life.”
Review of Vinnysklipek

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #582 of 979 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: Czech
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Not very many people know this, but the area near Brno has been producing wine since Roman times, and they're quite good at it. The names of the grapes are a bit weird until you translate them, and the various designations are a little odd because I wasn't used to them, but the general upshot is this:

They make good wine, especially white wine, and it's really cheap.

So I went looking for a wine bar where I could sample a couple of glasses of wine, ideally straight from the barrel, because that's what they do in Brno, and maybe, you know, have a bit of local cheese or whatever and just generally chill.

I did a google search, (took me a while) and found this place. It's in a cellar, like most places in Brno, and it's nicely decorated and relaxed and sort of a bit labyrinthine.

They had I think about 12-15 wines by the glass, available in 100ml or 200ml glasses and 1L jugs, and some interesting local snacks as well, like this cheese called hermelin, which is odd because it looks like brie but it's stuffed with garlic and paprika and preserved in oil. It's really good.

The atmosphere was lovely, just relaxed, people chatting away quietly and some nice artwork on the walls, and we whiled away a nice hour or two just drinking lovely wine for something like £1 a glass, and it was in all ways lovely.

So lovely in fact that I had to write this review, but I couldn't because it had no entry on Tripadvisor. So I submitted one. And then wrote a review on it. And this is that review.

That's how much I liked it. You will too, as long as you like wine, people, cheese, a good atmosphere and being alive.

1  Thank smtsm