“Have a great potential, but I was dissapointed from little things”
Review of Kafec Brnensky

Kafec Brnensky
Ranked #11 of 99 Coffee & Tea in Brno
Description: Specialty coffee from local roasting plants, espresso, brewed coffee, delicious breakfast (served all day long), homemade cakes, all varieties of wafles and sandwiches for small and big hunger. It is up to you. Looking forward to see you in Kafec, guys!
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Me and my friend visited this place because of the place's breakfast menu. You can choose from eggs, toasts, waffles, porridge. I would say that everyone can choose as they offer also gluten free bread and so on. The problem were those small things. I wanted to have a salad as a side dish, but they had only small salad (something like a decoration on your plate). So the waitress offered me a double portion. It was better, but I imagine still something bigger as a side dish. My fried eggs were too tough and the whole content of my plate wasn't something that I gastronomically won't forget. Another thing was my coffee. I specifically asked for espresso without a milk. What I got? Espresso and milk. As a waiter was putting my order down on the table, I told him to take the milk away. He told be that he can leave it and I can use it if I want. I was like "Well, ok". In the end I paid for it.
All waiters and waitresses are nicely dressed and are very polite. They filled up our cups for water form time to time or when I asked for it.
Anyway, choosing from a menu is fun. It's that shiny paper on which you can write with a pen and it still can be cleaned. The less fun was paying. I paid 250 Kč for my average breakfast and espresso.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Kafec is one of the few places where you can get awesome breakfast, which slowly turns to a brunch. They have freshly brew coffee and offer variations of coffee specials (aeropress, chemex, coffee drinks). Breakfast options are reasonably vast - you can get scrambled eggs with sides (bacon, beans, etc.), special toasts (croque madame, blue cheese toasts) from their home-made bread and home-made waffles with different toppings (blueberry jam, raspberry sauce, fruits, etc.). Staff is friendly and speaks good English. Place is pretty small so it’s best to book a table in advance.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I had 2 eggs with bacon, sausages, salad and bread, plus cafe late to drink. You choose the ingredients yourself and pay for each of them. All was good, except for the bread. I ended up paying 210 K for all which seems a lot. I liked the coffee most.

1  Thank olabubu
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Nice little cafe away from the main area. It seems to attract a young student crowd. The breakfast is good and a reasonable price you can get a breakfast and drink for around €5. It’s nice and relaxed here a good place to read or meet with friend. Just a tip to find the place it’s in a courtyard to the right of the main building you should see a sign on your right for the place.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My son and I stopped for breakfast, there was a large selection of food from healthy to caloric one. We ordered sweet and solty breakfast. Carrot juice, tasty coffee. A smiling young girl served all and just the best start of the day!!!

Date of visit: August 2017