“Hidden place”
Review of Kafec Brnensky

Kafec Brnensky
Ranked #11 of 99 Coffee & Tea in Brno
Description: Specialty coffee from local roasting plants, espresso, brewed coffee, delicious breakfast (every day 8 a. m. - 1 p. m.), homemade cakes, all varieties of wafles and sandwiches for small and big hunger. It is up to you. Looking forward to see you in Kafec, guys!
Reviewed 25 October 2023 via mobile

Very nice cafe hidden in the yard. It has got 2 levels, comfortable seats and a small store. Good variety of coffee upon anyone’s habits. Also nice food is served. As for waffle sticks with whipped strawberry, it was delicious!
Also bonuscards are available

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 20 November 2022

Great place for breakfast. I would say that one of the most popular for this topic in Brno. I like the concept of ordering, the offer that is very wide and very customizable, and the meals are delicious. Also very Instagram-friendly!
Since the place is popular, it's possible that you won't get a free table. So just count with that, just for a case.
As I was taking pictures at my last visit of the place, the staff members reacted strangely. I took a picture of the bar with a menu, the waitresses were working there. One waitress looked at me, lifter her eyebrows, then turned to the another waitress and loudly and somehow irritated asked "Why did she do that?". Since they didn't even ask me, but they were looking angrily at me, I totally didn't know what to say and I felt like a child that did something bad and two offended parents are now discussing the child's behavior between each other in from of that child. I don't know, I was leaving with unpleasant feeling. This wasn't handled well with the customer. They could have just asked me, I respect if someone doesn't want to be on a picture and I really don't think there was a need for any unpleasant atmosphere.

Date of visit: July 2022
Jana S, Marketing at Kafec Brnensky, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2022

Jani, hello. I will write here the same answer which I gave you under your Google review. Thank you very much for feedback.

Jani, hello! First of all, thank you for your visit and recommendation.
About taking pictures in KAFEC - there is no problem to take pictures of café or food, but please, not everybody wants to be pictured and published in the review. They try to keep their privacy and nobody asked them for permission to take picture of them. We are here for you in KAFEC and we are doing our best to make you feel great. But as you said - if somebody doesn´t like to be pictured, obviously, it is not necessary to show it to others, don´t you think?
It´s a pitty that we have lost so many stars just because of this strange reason.
If there is more which is needed to explain, please, feel free to write me e-mail (jana.sklenarova@kafec.cz).
Best regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2022 via mobile

Went here as it was next to the apartment I was staying in. I had already checked the menu online before I went. I arrived and sat upstairs and a waitress offered me filter coffee to which I said "yes". Then I placed my order of scrambled eggs, grilled bacon and beans.

My food arrived quicker than I expected and it was nice, except it went cold very quickly and the scrambled eggs weren't as fluffy as I like.

I finished the food and cup of coffee, asked for the bill, paid and left. It was only later when I checked the receipt to see how much I paid in GB pounds I noticed that I had been charged for 2 cups of filter coffee and I definitely only had one. I even left a tip for the waitress.

My tip to you is to check the bill before you pay. I wonder how many other people she has overcharged!

Date of visit: October 2022

Matt, hello from KAFEC.
I am soooo sorry for this mistake. This should not be happenning, I really agree. I am going to tell our staff to be more focused on bills :( I am really sorry. If you are around anytime, write me and e-mail (jana.sklenarova@kafec.cz) - coffee will be on me.

Reviewed 13 April 2022 via mobile

Fairly expensive but delicious coffee, chill atmosphere, this place is recommended for grabbing a coffee on the go. Baristas are nice.

Date of visit: April 2022

Thanks! Great you liked our coffee. Doing our best.
Best regards!

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

Went to Kafec for breakfast after a very very long time.

Kafec has a great location in the city center at a small courtyard between two old style, classical Brno houses (pavlacak). The place is crisp and clean.

First pleasant surprise is when you come. The menu is at each seat with a marker and you make your breakfast choices right in a reusable menu. You can take your time, get yourself guided by nice pictures of all the options and Noone forgets anything.

Breakfast is excellent. Eggs are made to perfection. You should try beetroot salad, cheddar toast and thyme butter. They also serve a great selection of coffees, both espresso and the other major brew styles, such as aeropress or V60.

I finished my breakfast with cocoa termix, which is a great dessert named after the original communist era dessert sold in Czechoslovakia.

Kafec is not find dining, neither it is coffee with crazy hipster twist or molecular mixology. It is great coffee, perfectly brewed with exquisite hearty breakfast for true morning glory.

And don't forget to get the membership card ;-).

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank Ondrashek

Thank you for your feedback and this review! We really appreciate it. See you soon!