“Best meal we had in Brno, and best service too”

Hostinec U Seminaru
Ranked #63 of 935 Restaurants in Brno
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We liked it so much the first time, that we went back 3 times more. We loved the old fashioned decor and the uniformed staff who were all so friendly - it has a lovely atmosphere and the tables were not cramped up like in some places in the town centre. The food was excellent and portions were very big. Of particular note were the ribs, the pork neck and the sirloin in cream sauce, but everything we had was so good. It is a little way from the town centre (6-7 mins) but well worth visiting.

1  Thank marcovanbatty

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This restaurant is featured in the young traveller's Brno map and guide. (By the way, a very informative guide).

I ordered the Aspic (pork jelly) for appetizers and the Tafelspitz (which I later realised, was a Austrian-Hungarian dish) and they were absolutely delicious. I am very inclined to big flavours and variety in a dish and this meal truly fit my bill. The Tafelspitz, in particular, was a very large portion for a really good and low price. Thankfully, I was starving and I managed to finish both of my dishes.

This place is tucked away in a corner away from the city centre relatively near a square (Moravské náměstí), which could be easily overlooked. Not the easiest place to find, but it's well worth the search! Great menu for awesome prices. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I always take visitors to U Seminaru as it offers the most genuine experience of a good Czech restaurant focused on quality hearty food and great beer. The look of the place is reminiscing of the first republic and the service is definitely one of the best I've experienced in CR. I've been there a bunch of times and have always been extremely happy with my choices, but there's one thing that I can't get away from that menu whenever I go there and that's the goose liver pate with port wine as a starter, delicious stuff. In the summer they have tables and chairs outside and they have lots of specials throughout the year, the last one I enjoyed was Asparagus week. One of my top recommendations in Brno. Mains are anything between 120 czk and 280 czk.

1  Thank HugoDeSousa
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have visited this place since we wanted to try some traditional Czech food in a restaurant and it totally satisfy our needs! Great food, Great service!!

1  Thank Caci_h
Reviewed 30 January 2014

200 g BONED CHICKEN LEG
stuffed with bread filling with bacon, potato purée, homemade fruit compote 175 CZK