“Excellent family hotel”

Ranked #25 of 56 Hotels in Brno
Prague
“Excellent family hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2010

The hotel surprised me absolutely by its atmosphere - historical building, friendly staff, guarded parking, clean rooms with air-conditioning (activated before my arrival). I took relax pool then barbecue on the terrace. Ms owner was personally in the kitchen every evening! The high point of my 3days stay at Parkhotel were breakfasts.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
montreal
Reviewed 3 March 2010

This is a beautiful historic building with a lot of charm in the exterior, but the interior decorating is just.... bizarre (very jarring combination of antique-look with 1980's weirdness). The staff were very friendly. The double room they gave me and my husband had two single beds on opposite sides of the room (I did not complain so can't say if they would have given us a different room). The beds were reasonably comfortable and they did bring an extra pillow right away when I called. The bathroom was a bit shabby but clean. They provided bathrobes and slippers. There was wifi included and it worked very well. The restaurant food was terrible (we had dinner there because we arrived late and were exhausted); breakfast buffet was included -- we got there at 9h40 and they were already clearing up.
All in all, it was a pretty good deal for the price for one night as we were only passing through, but if I were to return to Brno I think I would look for something else. Certainly would not suggest that you eat at the restaurant if you do stay there.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Zurich
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I've regularly stayed at the Parkhotel in Brno for the last more than ten years - with the family, friends as well as on my business trips.

I appreciate especially a long-term stable and high level of accommodation and gastronomic service. The restaurant specializes in the traditional Czech cuisine. An absolutely unique relaxation is provided at the pool bar with a swimming pool combined with the sauna and massages. Thanks to the family atmosphere, peace, green environment, and the range of service, I can recommend the Parkhotel to everybody welcoming an individual approach and the effort to satisfy any wish.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I stayed there for one night - in economy room. Reception staff was very helpful and friendly (perhaps because I speak Czech?), room was what I expected, breakfast a pleasant surprise. I came there with 2 bikes and it wasn't a problem for them to find a parking lot for me.
I didn't have time to try pool or restaurant.
TV should have more channels, but I was invited to wine tasting of Moravian wines in the center of Brno, which was far better than any TV show.
Good service for the price - especially for business trips.
Close to congress/exhibition place.
Wireless internet in the room for no additional charge.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Modena
Reviewed 17 August 2008

The Parkhotel came recommended by Interacta Tourist Office Czech Republic. Unbelievably as a 4 star property. What a joke. Rooms were clean but unbearably hot in a summer heatwave but that's all we can say on the positive side. The barman was on holiday in the middle of july so at the "pool" bar they were unable to mix a drink. Bathroom toiletries were also impossible to obtain. But the main problem is the owner/manager who was completely unable to take any criticism whatsoever. He was unsufferably rude and we jumped at the chance we he suggested that if we did n't like the hotel (noisy and extensive building work included) we could leave. Having had to pay on arrival for 2 rooms for 4 nights (our credit card guarantee was not enough) we then had to tussle to get our money back for the nights we would not be staying!
Fortunately the lovely Grand Hotel (now a Worldhotel) in the centre of Brno restored our faith in Czech hospitality. Leave the Parkhotel well alone and by the way there is no Park or garden just hundreds of steps to the entrance and no one to help with your bags.
ghastly all round.

• Liked — the parking
  • Disliked — the hotel manager/owner
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank chiaranna
Svatopluk, Owner/Hotel Manager at Parkhotel Brno, responded to this review, 21 July 2009
The air-conditioned rooms were offered to the guests. After the guests refused mixed drinks prepared by our waiters from restaurant (served by pool) and the chambermaid brought new toiletries several times per day, I have personally tried to solve problem with the "too many steps in the hotel area". Hotel is historical villa. The reconstruction is not possible to proceed during their stay. Further, the guests complained that the timetable of boat on the Brno´s dam is not respected - we have no authority to affect it. We tried to assist, help, fulfill their wishes. Because the stay was not pleasant for them (despite our effort) I have offered another hotel without any cancellation charges. Our target is the guest satisfaction... Thanks to the constructive criticism we improve our services. TripAdvisor is very useful to perfect the services in travel industry.