“So good, we went twice”

Svatovaclavsky Pivovar
Ranked #4 of 178 Restaurants in Olomouc
Cuisines: Central European, Brew Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We enjoyed the beer and the food at St. Wenceslas Brewery located just off the Namesti Republiky. I'm not a beer drinker, but my husband savored every beer he drank. Soups were good: garlic soup strong with melted cheese and ham bits in the bottom (phew - very pungent) and the beef noodle soup with liver dumplings...thin broth with few noodles and I didn't care for the taste of dumplings as they had a very strong liver flavor. Potato pancakes were light and crispy. The caesar salad with chicken was average -- made with iceberg lettuce and a rather sweet dressing, not the caesar dressing I'm used to. We returned for a large lunch several days later and weren't disappointed. The lunch specials are a real bargain. They include soup and an entree for less than $5. I had beef broth with spaetzle and beef stroganoff with rice. I also ordered a cucumber salad -- huge. My husband had a kebab with pork, bacon, sausage, and grilled veggies with a side of potato pancakes. Way too much food -- we could have shared an entree. The servers are friendly; the menu is in English; the atmosphere is welcoming; the prices are right! Also if you want to spend more than mealtime here, they have a beer spa! (Maybe on our next visit.)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very good restaurant brewery with traditional czech and moravian dishes - pork meat, česnečka, olomoucky tvaružky (mildew cheese). Tasty beers from own brewery - ležak (lager) and special with cherry and chili pepper. Comfortable and cozy summer terrace. And Svatovaclavsky pivovar has beer bath!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Perfect beer brewed in this restaurant, very good food plus wifi available if you need it for your business. However, you should forget about emails and enjoy the dinner / lunch!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I've tried many beeweries but this one I won't forget. When entering you can smell the fresh, just made beer. Staff is friendly, prices are fair and the beer is gorgious. I tried the game menu and it was awesome. Please, don't miss this spot.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I found quite hard brewery after a walk through the area but worth it. From the outside it did not seem very promising now, not having anything placed in the street. But after I entered I enjoy a good beer 12 degree, chef's specialties and ambiance. Staff a little bit distant, maybe because they did not know English.