“Great hotel, but the location isn't great unless you are on expenses.”

Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Ostrava
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, but the location isn't great unless you are on expenses.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Really nice hotel overall. Comfortable and spacious rooms.

Peculiar set out with reception that is a continuation of the bar.

The staff were very friendly and attentive.

My only gripe would be the location. Whilst a short distance from the main train station it was a trek into the centre (about 25 mins walk). Great business hotel, but not ideal for tourists (who are few and far between!)

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Squidgy66
Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Ostrava, we are glad you enjoyed our hospitality. The hotel location is certainly not in city centre, but it is still in good walking distance, otherwise within 7 minutes by taxi or public transportation. We appreciate your comments placed on Tripadvisor and hope to see you back in the future.
Petr Frydl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a modern hotel with plenty of facilities and god service. A restaurant of first classes and nice personal who take care of you. The hotel personal attend you in an excellent way and take care of you in a great way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for stay with us and your positive comments on our services. We appreciate your time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor and looking forward to welcome you back in Ostrava, when your travels bring you back.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I read very positive reviews about this hotel that factored into my decision to stay at this particular hotel. If you are a coffee drinker and you can't afford their business class rooms I advise you to avoid this hotel at all costs. The most basic amenity is conveniently left out. No coffee in the rooms, horrible. This alone would not be a bad thing, but their room service doesn't open until 6:30 am. I placed a call to what I thought was room service, the front desk answered. I asked for a simple cup of American coffee, and the young lady asked me "Is coffee on the room service menu?", then proceeded to tell me that coffee wasn't available until the kitchen opened. Unbelievable. I got dressed, went down to see if I could just get a cup from the machine in the dining room. Again I was told, there is no coffee and I had to wait 20 minutes before the machine was ready. This sounds very trivial, but coffee is a very important part of my day and has been for 30 years. For a hotel that claims such success, not readily providing coffee to their guests is a failure at the lowest level. Coffee is a BASIC amenity - something that NEEDS to be afforded to all guests. The reviews about the staff are wrong as well. With the exception of 2 staff members, I've met with rude, self absorbed and obnoxious staff many of whom had nothing to do with the coffee service, just dealing with them on a day to day basis. The bartender, two nights ago made me feel like a complete moron when I asked for a receipt for my dinner. My company will not reimburse me if I do not provide itemized receipts. He kept insisting that my room bill would show the cost of dinner. He's right, it will show the cost of dinner, but the meal will not be itemized on the final bill. My company does not reimburse vague receipts. I am currently still staying at this hotel, but I am mad enough that I felt it prudent to inform you properly of the horrible service I've received since arriving here Sunday evening the 11th of May 2014. Maybe the staff are having a bad week, maybe I'm the only one in the world that likes coffee in their room, but if I am not the only one, my advice to you: Avoid this hotel.

Rick Reulecke Rm 143

Room Tip: Don't choose a room from this hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Mr Reulecke,
I´m sorry we didn´t manage to meet in person before you left. I would like to thank you for your comments on our hospitality placed on Trip Advisor during your stay this week with us. We are always grateful for nice and positive comments, but I and whole my team also appreciate any feedback where we didn´t do so well. And in your case we apparently didn´t react as we could and should. This gives us the most valuable information to our services, so we can make necessary steps for further improvement.
I can imagine how you felt when one of your main daily routine of having fresh morning coffee was interfered by not having it. The first thing is that we should n´t commit to make it happend. At the present we don´t have coffee&tea facilities placed in our standard room types and are available only in Business rooms and Junior suites. Nevertheless, we would like to soon offer this amenity in all our rooms and we have been already in negotiation with respective suppliers. Unfortunately due to full hotel occupancy in past days, we were not able to provide you coffee machine into your room as we didn´t have any extra till yesterday.
The breakfast (in dining room) is available every morning from 6:30 am, before that time we provide room service, which is slightly limited from 11pm till 6:30am. The restaurant/bar coffee machines during this time are switched off and it takes 20 minutes to start it properly on again. Based on your comments we have arranged another small coffee maker to have it immediately available at the front desk when restaurant and bar is closed.
All the waiters or bartenders must always present to guests his/her itemized receipt and must be signed by guests. I noticed that on all your receipts from bar are your signatures and then posted to your room. At the check-out every guest will get summary invoice and all receipts are again agreed. We do have very strict rules on that and are controlled regulary by mystery guests. I apologize, if the bartender didn´t explain it to you properly
I´m sorry we were not more proactive in your eligible issue, but I hope you enjoyed your last days with us and in spite of this inconvenience you will come back, because it really matters to us.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed in Park-Inn Ostrava several times. We were always very satisfied vith all services - reservation, check-in, accomodation, bar, breakfest, check-out, parking. Hotel is clean and efficient. We do recommend it for others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Petr_Frydl, Hotel Ostrava at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

we greatly appreciate your regular business with us as well as your kind comments placed here on Tripadvisor. I´m glad that our "Yes I Can" service is spread between all departments and outlets and that you can easily enjoy our hospitality. Thank you for your contribution and looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The biggest advantage of this hotel is the location - near to highway and railway station (Ostrava - Svinov and Ostrava - Stodolni). Free sauna and fitness is also nice. The hotel itself is quite new, everything in 3* - 4* class. I was not satisfied with the breakfast - not so many option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Lukas,

thank you for your stay with us and your feedback on our services. We appreciate your honest comments and looking forward to welcome you back to show you our new breakfast set up with wide items selection corresponding with Park Inn by Radisson standards.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is a nice business hotel in ostrava, it is not in the center but not far and with a wide parking. Room are good and big, all the facilities are new and very nice. Breakfast is very good and with a wide choice of american and continental. I will for sure stay there in case of future visit to Ostrava.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Francesco,

we are greatful for your stay in Park Inn by Radisson Hotel during your visit in Ostrava as well as for your time to share your experience of our services on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our hospitality and that you want to come back again. We thank you for your recognition and hope to welcome you soon.

Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I can really recommend this hotel to everyone who is visiting Ostrava either for business or leisure time!! I was happy with all hotel services - hotel restaurant, room, reception, communication, I was surprices by the value I got for the money paid!! GREAT JOB!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay with us and for your kind words about our services. We are glad you enjoyed our hospitality as it is our goal to meet or exceed our guests expectation and satisfaction. We are looking forward to welcome you back in any our Park Inn by Radisson hotels worldwide.