“Very good choice for staying in Ostrava”

Mercure Ostrava Center
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ostrava
Prague, Czech Republic
“Very good choice for staying in Ostrava”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Pleasant staff , very clean, nice and modern environment. The chef did his best - interesting menu, very nice meal (both in the restaurant and in the snack buffet). Good equipped meeting rooms for various occasions. Unfortunately I haven´t try fitness and wellness centrum - so maybe next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments on your recent stay with us at the Mercure Ostrava Center, we are all delighted that you have found the hotel to your expectations and that you had a great time with us and in Ostrava. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is lovely hotel, full of professional, helpful and nice staff. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Wifi internet available in the hotel everywhere. Hotel have fitness and wellness centrum, excellent restaurant, modern bar. Warm, calm atmosphere. I do recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our staff and services. This is going to be shared with them to encourage their further progress. Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Pleasant staff , very clean , nice environment. Breakfast was a good standard . I did not try the restaurant but snacks/small meals in the bar area were very good. I have stayed here on numerous occasions and always been very satisfied.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest, I am glad that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us in Mercure Ostrava Center. We strive to always enhance the quality of service and guest satisfaction, I will pass on to the team your comments, and we hope to see you soon back in our hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Mahone Bay, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

At check in I was welcomed by a charming and thoroughly professional young lady speaking flawless English. Somehow my internet booking through the Accor website was duplicated and I had been charged for two prepaid rooms instead of one. Tough luck, I thought, but after a consultation with her duty manager, one of the rooms was canceled and a full refund processed!

The room was well appointed, definitely meeting all 4 star criteria, and spotlessly clean. There was a large selection of TV channels, which is important to me. Wifi was available, but I used the computer terminal in the bar. The bartender was immediately at my side to offer a drink or any other service I needed.

The breakfast buffet was extensive, fresh and very tasty. Guests can make their own coffee
selection which is a nice touch. Again the staff on duty kept in the background, but were always ready to lend any assistance. The training of the staff is terrific, and everyone seems genuinely pleased that you have chosen this hotel. Full marks all around.

If you are coming from the main station, trolley bus 102 stops about in front of the door. Tickets are available from the info centre in the station. Don't forget to ask for a ticket for your luggage is you have a larger piece, and then enjoy Ostrava!

Room Tip: My room faced a side street, but was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest, on behalf of Mercure team I would like to thank you for such a positive feedback which I will communicate to the team. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will be pleased to welcome you again in the future. Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Wienhausen
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stay at this hotel when visiting Ostrava and when available of course. Sometimes it is fully booked and I stay at one of the other good hotels I know in Ostrava, but the Mercure is still remains my choice of preference.
I have noticed a decline in the room cleanliness the past two visits, and during the last one it was unacceptable. Being mostly patient, I did not try complaining the first day on which I noticed that the desk was not cleaned, the water glass left not cleaned, sink not cleaned, coffee pads not refilled (Privilege Room). On the second day, I called the number of the manager on duty. A recorded message informed that the call was received and noted. Thereafter I waited in vain for a return call....
Consistency in quality is important in all aspects and the housekeeping service has been lagging and definitively needs to be improved.
All other services in this hotel are still very good and I still can recommend i in the hopes that housekeeping is improved soon.

1 Thank Globetrotter0053
Dear Guest, Thank you for your appreciative comments, it is very valuable for us and mainly from our loyalty client. We are very sorry for our housekeeping service this time - it is not our regular standard. We look forward to welcoming you back. Warm regards Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Naantali, Finland
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed in the Mercure Ostrava hotel in a business trip for three nights in January. Very friendly staff and the rooms and the hotel is renewed just a while a go. Surely this is the best hotel in Ostrava and can recommend this to everybody.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park haves a nice view. Should you wish a quiet room, ask the room facing the backy...
1 Thank jkhammer68
Dear Guest,Thank you very much for these wonderful comments following your stay with us!
We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that our services were up to your expectations and I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to the entire team.
The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, Yours sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager.