Hotel Gdansk Boutique
US$99
US$96
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmicro brewerytasty beerice caveold townsteam bathfinnish saunanew buildingpremium roomsmall windownice stylenautical themethe rivergreat hotelpolish cuisinerooms are greatfour starthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Fantastic service, lovely room and good location for old town Gdansk. The breakfast was lovely with a lot to choose from. We enjoyed the nice beer and the friendly staff. Stayed on the 6th floor, had to carry luggage from 4th floor, but it was worth it when we saw the nice view.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the higher floors with a nice view and got 601 and this was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I booked a two night stay at Hotel Gdansk in mid-August 2013. I chose the hotel based on positive Tripadvisor reviews and based on a good review in my guidebook. My booking was made on Expedia and was prepaid at the time of booking.

I arrived at the hotel around 5pm, and upon checking in was told that the room I had booked was "destroyed" and therefore I had to stay at another hotel that night. Then, the next night there would be a room available and I would have to come back. I said that this was unacceptable as it is inconvenient to switch hotels every night. The hotel basically said that all hotels were full and that since I had prepaid, this was my only option. I then proceeded to drag my luggage across town through a busy street carnival and arrived at Hotel Hansa approximately 10 minutes later. I should add that this was after an attempted rip-off by the taxi from the airport, so I was really not in the mood to deal with this. The next day I returned to the hotel around 6pm and checked into my room for the last night in town.

Hotels overbook all the time and I am generally understanding in these types of situations, assuming the hotel "makes it right". In this case, the hotel did not make it right in my opinion. Here's why:
- not once did the hotel staff apologize for the mishap; rather, it was a typical Polish "take-it or leave-it, you've already paid and you're not getting a refund" attitude
- I do not appreciate being LIED to with nonsense about the room being destroyed. Be honest and forthcoming. This is the oldest lie in the book.
- When coming back to the hotel for the second night, there was no apology for the inconvenience, no gesture to express an apology, no communication from the manager, etc. Simply, "here's your key, checkout at noon".

The hotel stay was okay in and of itself, although the Hotel Hansa where I was sent the first night was actually quite better. But to be honest, after being lied to and treated poorly, the rest of the stay didn't matter. Don't waste your time or money with this hotel ... there are plenty of other options in Gdansk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank cougrz007
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I spend one night at the hotel in early August having booked it via popular travel site at discounted yet still steep rate of approx. EUR 100. Upon arrival we were impressed by the quality of restoration of this graded building. We were provided with a room on a third floor overlooking Gdansk Marina. The furnishing is of good quality and our bathroom had a window in the wall adjacement to the room, which when opened allowed for looking directly onto Marina. Pretty cool.

The location is indeed perfect- some 5 minutes walk or 10 sec ferry ride from a stop situated some 300 m from hotel entrance. There is plenty of parking places in the vicinity of the hotel which was quite convenient and we did enjoyed our day out. Once we got back we also had a meal at the hotel restaurant (apparently named best restaurant of Gdansk in 2012). While the beer and lagers brewed there were indeed fine food was rather neutral in taste at best.

Overlooking Marina has its drawback as we have learned as soon as we got back. Namely this means Western exposure and heating up the room (despite small windows) in the afternoon. This would have not been a problem in all seasons except summer or at least in non-sunny days. Given that at the time of our stay outside temperatures reached 35-36 C our room temperature must have been around 28-29C at night. It is then that I realised that our room (4* hotel!) didn't have airconditioning- apparently as result of graded building resoration conditions impossed by town officials. Instead we were provided with one (rather small) fan which didn't make any difference. We called up the reception desk to request at least another fan. 15 minutes later when it didn't arrive we called again only to learn that there weren't any and there was nothing they could do about this. Not exactly a reaction I would expect from 4* establishment- and it this case it wasn't even you get what you pay for...

As hotel was fully booked (or because we booked at discounted rate...) there was no option for switching rooms. On top of that cute marina view meant also a lot of street noise that would prevent us from sleeping anyway. Somehow we managed to get through that night but I was really annoyed as in my view lack of airconditioning should be clearly marked as it is not a luxury but standard across European hotels nowadays. Apparently the other building (overlooking back wall of the restored part) does have airconditioning. If you decide to stay at this property make sure to book air-conditioned room. Otherwise think twice if you plan to stay there in the summer.

The ending note of breakfast was adequate however I have to note that staff was rather busy with their routines than looking forward to assist guests with their breakfast needs. To be fair given that it was typical buffet style this was not a major inconvenience. I wouldn't say that this was a rip-off given quality of restoration and location however I am pretty sure I won't be going back nor will I recommend it to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you book airconditioned room. Or don't stay there in the summer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank musique_2005
Reviewed 27 July 2013

If you want a hotel in the centre of Gdansk then look no further. I stayed in room 302 which was a good size single room and furnished to the highest standards. The shower was amazing! I cannot fault the cleanliness of the hotel and the beautiful location!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel had very nice spacious rooms (double room) with large bathrooms and a view over looking the marina. It was only a five minute walk to the old town area. The added bonus was the restaurant attached to the hotel. The food was very good and the beer they brew was great! You could sit outside on the patio with a nice quiet view of the marina. The staff was helpful and arranged a flat rate taxi for me to visit Sopot. Highly recommended for the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo