“best in gdansk”

Ranked #175 of 556 Restaurants in Gdansk
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Have eaten here 3 times now. first time i was on my own in gdansk for a week and found this place on my second last day. i had already had some bad experiences dining on my own in gdansk so my expectations were not high. within minutes of sitting down the owner Jarek had introduced himself and for the rest of my delicious meal he really made me feel welcome. he showed me many local places of interest on his laptop, introduced me to his lovely family and recommended a fantastic dessert. the whole experience was so wonderful that i cut short my plans for my last day so i could go back again. this time jarek ordered all the food for me and what a feast i had. he didn't even want to charge me at the end but i insisted. i returned several months later when i was in gdansk for only four hours on my way to zakopane. this time i was with my girlfriend and jarek immediately remembered me which was very nice. this time we were lavished with the most beautiful dishes, our table looked like a wielka noc table (Easter feast). this restaurant is the warmest most welcoming and most personal restaurant i have ever had the pleasure of dining in. i would recommend the perogi, the soup whose name i can't remember now, the wonderful tea served with jam and the kwas chlebowy. the decor is great as are the traditionally dressed staff and they also have an acordian player playing for the diners. i cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and the people who wrote the bad reviews must be living on another planet. thank you Jarek and Tatiana for enriching my time in gdansk. can't wait to see you both again.

Philip Stewart

There are newer reviews for Kresowa

Reviewed 26 September 2010

Visited the restaurant (interior, second floor), in August 2010. Food was excellent, service great. Restaurant clean, fresh flowers on the tables. We went for national Ukrainian specialties, I don't remember names, except for "bliny" - delicious.

Reviewed 14 June 2010

Vistied this restaurant in winter. There was a huge christmas tree filling upp two floors,very kitschy and glittering. Poles do know how to decorate! I immediately felt comfortable. The menue is exhaustingly long and the waitresses were a bit slow, but the food was great, the barscz (beetroot soup) one of the best I´ve had (spicy!) The excentric owner came by and had a little chat with us and the guests next to us who were locals and she recommended what to order. Not sure if that chat would have been possible if one of us weren´t speaking polish, though. I will certainly return next time I visit Gdansk.

2  Thank Hasselbladskan
Reviewed 28 March 2009

Do not go there. It has all you might expect from a tourist trap (I am local, but have fallen into it as well). Bad food, terrible service, and aged design. Keep away.

3  Thank PiotrPl
Reviewed 24 October 2008

On the strength of a stunning review, I went to this awful place. What a mistake and what a disaster.

The table linen was dirty and the place setting half-set... the service was slow and inaccurate... the starters (dumplings and aubergines) were acceptable but nothing special.. the mains were DREADFUL - overcooked meat and fries that reminded me of the 1970s (probably the last time the chip fat was changed) We did not stay for dessert.

This place isn't geared for tourist trade; the quality of service and food is just not up to European standards. As a Polish restaurant it probably fares well (the place was well patronised with local guests) but if you're after a culinary experience AVOID.

2  Thank USJourno