“I´ve seen better hostels”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Lucky Hostel

Lucky Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gdansk
Lucky Hostel
Ranked #129 of 185 Speciality Lodging in Gdansk
Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
“I´ve seen better hostels”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

When we arrived (late at night) we met very friendly staff,who gave us a very good and calm room with a very stylish shower (you could listen to the radio in it). In the room we found towels and the toilet on the floor was tolerably clean. We decided to stay one night longer and asked the owner if it was possible. He said it wouldn´t be a problem but we had to change the room.

Sadly the disappointment followed in the second night. The owner told us, the room for the second night would be better and we would have to pay the same price as for the first room. But the room wasn t better - it was worse. It was very noisy, beacause it was upstairs to the reception and the staff made a little party during the nighttime including f noisy conversations and listend to music loudly. The was no shower in the room and the blanket was so thin that it was cold all the night. Dispensable to mention that they kidded us "a little bit".

Last but not least: The hostel is situated in suburb of Gdansk, so you will have to spend a lot of your holiday time in a public transport or at least on the way to the center of Gdansk. I cannot recommend this hostel Better go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Prinzessin83

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Turin, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

It's cheap, that's true. But even comparing later on to the others, not so cheap.
1. Room (double one, en suite) it's in the attic- you barely can't walk there. I'm 1,73 and i was not feeling comfortable. I have to say, very nice shower in the room (no WC)
2. Localisation: normally close to Gdansk city centre. BUT not NOW - for this and next year, there are massive work roads, it takes you 30-40min as least to go to the town centre (everyday nightmare). They should mention this in the website.
3. Somebody stole our food from the fridge, and the owners reaction was 'u should put ur name on it). OK, we were almost the only guests.
4. Noisy stuff - family members - screaming, seating in the main room.
5.When we have been there kitchen refurbished - no info before.
6.I wrote my opinion on hostelword and owner wrote back tome, and not only me, in not nice words. I left him the money, for 5 days, and in the end he was not nice, cause I just said the true about it.

No, I don't recommend it. Sad, that the owners are loosing the customers like this, cause I'm in Gdansk almost every month..

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sniegula

Travellers are raving about these Gdansk hotels

Almeria, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

This place is a house in a Gdansk's suburb. I looks more like a B&B than a proper hostel.

The location is rather bad not only because it is far from the center and the sea, but because it is in a residencial neighbourhood in which there is nothing, not even shops. The place and decoration causes a very bad impression. It is neither dirty nor clean, if you know what I mean. The kitchen is small and not very well equipped.

The only two positives features of this place are its staff, that tries to be helpful; and the breakfast, that is rather good for being a hostel.

I would only recommend this place if you are looking for a very cheap place. Taken into consideration the low prices, the value for money is not too bad.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple