Qubus Hotel Gdansk
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfree boat tripthe riverold townbusy roadminute walkgreat hotelmini barrecommend this hotelbuilding workquality hotelstaff on receptionthe hotel offersbusiness tripgood sizeenjoyable staythe air conditioningcomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Hotel conveniently located on the main road entrance to Gdansk from Warsaw, the downside is the lack of free parking. professional services of a high standard, helpful and discreet. meals - I only used the breakfast which was a buffet but good to the fresh food (meat, cheese and fruit)

Room Tip: recommend a room facing the river - nice view. room - very nice, clean and spacious, the bathroom even has a bath
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel is well situated on the river in central Gdansk a few minutes walk from the picturesque Old Town. The room we had was spacious well appointed and very clean. The facilities were superb and free - WiFi, gym and the hotels own small river launch. Food was excellent and reasonable as was room service and the breakfast simple superb. Staff were friendly and very helpful and extremely professional, a special thanks to Jakob who helped with itineraries and sight seeing. A really good hotel with great staff and facilities. Only negative is not to do with the Hotel but its access. When you cross the river towards the hotel you move into an area of wasteland with the Hotel across a busy dual carriageway and accessed via an underpass. While we had no issues going to and from the Hotel some fellow guests felt it daunting. We loved our stay and the Hotel helped make our trip really enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank abrach
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The Hotel was very decent. Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was truly fantastic with wide range to choose from.
Location was perfect. It was next to a busy street but that could not be heard from my room. I could see though a beautiful view of the river.
The hotel was very busy. There were fee conferences and quite a crowd which turn out to be a bit of problematic for a single traveler.
Prices - very fair.
However, I never like that fact that most hotels charge separately for Internet. The prices always seem to be a bit ridiculous.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank baunsujace_pierogi
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay at this hotel. We are a group of 6 'forty-something lads' who take an annual trip abroad to see the sites and sample the beer.

The hotel is situated on the river bank, just across a main road from the Old Town. Literally no more than a 5 minute walk maximum. The area itself appears a little run down, however the hotel itself is modern, clean and a great base to tour from.

Check in was very straight forward. My twin room overlooked the river, although the other guys had a view of a wall! The rooms was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed, tv and access to free wifi. Our room had a safe, although I believe not all do. The free bottles of water wee a nice touch.

We ate breakfast there which was a mixture of hot and cold buffet. There was certainly plenty of choice but at 90zl was very expensive compared to process in the Old Town.

The hotel offers a free 35 minute boat trip from a mooring outside the Hotel, taking you up river towards the shipyards where the Solidarity movement began. For us this was really interesting to see where a regime that changed the modern world began. On a beautiful day it was also great to get out on the water for a cool breeze

In summary, I would thoroughly recommend the Qubus. Final note to the staff, who could not do enough for you. Everybody we met was helpful and went out of their way to make the stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the river, towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LutonCobbler
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed here for work for a couple of nights. The hotel is ok, but not a real 4* in my opinion. If you get a great rate, it is a good choice, but you should rather expect an upscale 3*.

The location is just ok, as others already wrote you have to cross the big street in front via a tunnel, which is really not too comfortable at night especially for women.

No hotel bar, this is quite a letdown. Breakfast was good, however all other meals in the restaurant were not, I would not recommend eating there. Try the Restaurant Goldwasser on the riverside for great steaks!

The internet was out for a full day, pity, especially for business travellers.

To end on a good note: The staff was absolutely nice and the room was very modern, tiny beds though, loved the bathroom with all amenities you can ask for. My room was on the riverside quite away from the street, it was not noisy at all. Also, rooms on the first floor do not have the best views, but the windows are much bigger, so I recommend those.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
QubusHotel, Łukasz Pakuła, Deputy GM at Qubus Hotel Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for visiting our beautiful city and staying at the Qubus Hotel. I appreciate all the feedback both the negatives and positives.
I am really sorry for the quality of the food served to you at our restaurant. Our standards are very high and we try to prepare every meal with perfection. I have talked to our kitchen and restaurant staff to make sure situation like that never happens again. Thank you for pointing that situation out to us. Our restaurant has very good opinion but as it seems sometimes make mistakes as well.
As a recognized business class hotel our goal is to secure all the tools needed for our business Guests every day. Sometimes however it is out of our hands, like the situation that occurred with the lack of internet connection. This kind of a problem occurs very rarely but I can assure you that we have talked to our Internet provider and addressed the issue as our Guests are a top priority for us and we always want to make sure they feel satisfied and happy at our Hotel.

Again, thank you for staying at Qubus Hotel and hopefully see you soon. I am sure the next stay with us is going to be much better experience.

Sincerely.