“In the very heart of the city”

Holland House Residence Old Town
Ranked #24 of 85 Hotels in Gdansk
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Together, with my sister and our respective husbands, we love to have quality time together, whenever we can,especially that we live continents apart, Australia/Europe.
This time we chose the Tricity. We drove to Gdansk by car (4hrs aprox from Warsaw) and booked this hotel via internet, well, my sister did to surprise my Dutch husband.
The first impression was great, it was the location, the second impression was great as well when we walked into the lobby with a friendly service, and the third impression was "wow, what a beautiful room"
We had a family room, but understood, it was two bedrooms with the door separating the rooms, but it wasn't the case, or though still reasonably private.
The only little thing, if you're with friends, maybe the shower/toilet challenge, as it is only in the main down stairs area, where the bedroom nr 1 and living area is situated, mind, the shower and toilet facility are separated.
If you're fussy about toiletries, I suggest you buy at the local shops, as there is just a hand soap and shower gel, all in one kind of thing, but towels are nice, thick and clean.
There is no AC, and I believe it's because of the historical value of the building, but once the windows are open, you'll get great sea breeze, you'll need a fan (which is provided by hotel) in the upper bedroom, as the ceiling is fairly low.
The interior of the hotel and the rooms are dark antique wood and very elegant and clean.
If you've booked the hotel with breakfast, there is a nice selection of cold cuts, eggs, bread, cereal, juices, etc, even take away coffee after breakfast, before you get on your way.
Our room was with the windows to the back of the hotel, and while the windows were open, one can hear the late party goers, but that's what you get for loving the "centre of attraction" and it is a full of life and fun place, with many cafeterias, restaurants and entertaining attractions.
Make sure to have a meal in the " Flying Dutchman" in the hotel, and enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Difficult, considering the location, but not bad, once the windows are closed. This room has two la...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Grazyna_12

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here a couple of nights in April, and enjoyed it very much. It is quite central, which is very convenient, and has a nice atmosphere. The staff is very friendly. There is some sort of discotheque down the street (and a Hard Rock Cafe is about to open), which can create some noise, but it didn't bother me. If you close the windows you'll hardly hear it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My mom and I stayed here 3 nights. The hotel occupies a set of antique homes and is just lovely. The location couldn't be better. It is in the heart of the old town and in walking distance to all the sights. Our view (room 305) was to the back of the hotel and the view was not fantastic, but it was very quiet. The windows are kind of neat because they can open vertically and horizontally. The room itself was good sized and clean with hard wood floors, and attractively decorated. The smallish bathroom was clean. The sun rises about 4am in the summer so it was very helpful to have nice thick curtains that blocked the early morning light. We walked from the train station to Holland house and it was a very manageable walk even for my mom who is 90. Of course she is in great shape and she says "90 is the new 70". The hotel smells just fantastic. There is a very good restaurant downstairs and the smells wafting up are delectable. We ate at the restaurant one night and it was delicious. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 305 doesn't have a great view, but it is very quiet. It has 2 twin sized beds in a good siz...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelingShasha
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My parents have stayed in this hotel before, but on this trip to Gdansk we just went for an evening meal. The food was delicious, there was plenty of it and the service was great. Some people left the table next to us and even though we were close, the next time I looked across the table had been cleared and reset an we'd not seen any of the staff there, impressive!

We only had a main meal and drinks (with complimentary appetiser & liqueur) and it came to about 250zl (£50) for 4 of us.

Lovely meal and atmosphere, would return again if in Gdansk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My mom and I came to Gdansk for 3 days and stayed at the Holland House hotel. It is in the heart of the old town of Gdansk. No cars allowed on the street in front so it's full of shops and outdoor restaurant seating. The view is spectacular. Rooms are spacious and affordable. It does get noisy at night but I wore earplugs and it worked out great. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lydia W
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and the stay was faultless. Staff were friendly and helpful from booking the room and airport transfer right through to check out.

Room was large, clean, and had the most beautiful view of Dlugi Targ, like opening the curtains to a fairytale every morning. Extremely comfy bed, only the stunning view got me out of it! Spacious bathroom too with great shower.

Breakfast plentiful and tasty, just right to set yourself up for a day's strolling round the city. No doubt at all that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 4th Floor rooms have the best view, worth it
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tripfaller
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Took a long weekend here in April and I'm very happy that we chose Holland House Residence. The location is fantastic being right on Dlugi Targ which is itself a lovely place. The hotel is traditional yet modern with both an indoor restaurant for more formal eating and an outdoor veranda for lunch or a snack.

Our room was on the fourth floor and on the front of the hotel which I personally loved. It was a triple room and amply sized for three people. It was also kept impeccably clean. Sure there is a bit of noise from the street - both in terms of night-life and also general street bustle but for me this didn't in any way interfere with my stay. Indeed I found it nice to be immersed in this vibrant town and to throw open the window and watch the world go by was an experience that many hotels simply cannot match, certainly not in that price range.

The river is a short walk away, as is the rest of the old town which is well worth a walk around. If you are travelling further afield the number 100 bus passes right by the hotel and gives you access to the rest of the bus and tram network for 12 PLN for 24 hours.

I would struggle to suggest any way to improve this hotel. Very happy with our decision to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends