“Good fish offer”

Restauracja Targ Rybny
Ranked #33 of 578 Restaurants in Gdansk
Price range: US$6 - US$83
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2014

If you think that it's easy to eat a good fish meal at the coast in the Gdansk area you may be somewhat disappointed. However, "Fischmarkt/Targ rybny" offer was a real sunshine in this cuisine landscape.

We have ordered the following dishes:

- Excellent fish soups: Bouillabaise & Lobster-cream soup. Heavy and rich taste nicely warmed up our appetite.

- Main course: "Fried cod fillet served with mashed potatoes, cabbage and bacon" & "Cod fillets baked with vegetables and mozzarella cheese, served with spinach noodles" were quite weird settings, however, fresh fish and overall good flavor compensated an oddness.

- Desserts were so-so: "Hot chocolate cake with orange ice-cream" was too floury while "Apfel strudel with the ice creams" was quite ok.

Surprisingly, their wines are quite expensive - 50PLN/12EUR for 50ml caraffe of white house wine sounds like a rip off to me.

We really like a decor and overall atmosphere inside.

Anyway, truly recommend this restaurant - will return for sure!

1  Thank sp_tripfan

Reviewed 13 February 2014

If you like fish and seafood that is the place to be. And make a reservation to not get disappointed. I had the best lobster soup in my life. At the last spoon I was already missing it. My husband had bouillabaise - it wast rich and delicious. As main I had Halibut steak - it was something amazing. I am getting hungry thinking about it. My husband had cod with cabbage. Was good too.

Restaurant is very popular, quite expensive, vibrant and nicely decorated. It is very clean and well design.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Nice restaurant in the old town harbor. We went there one evening and ordered bouillabaisse - it was so good we had to come back! I definitely recommend the bouillabaisse, it's a bit messy to eat but so good.
Service was okay, maybe a bit slow towards the end but we had time so it didn't really matter too much.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Nicely decorated restaurant in a central location next to the Hilton hotel. We ate lobster soup, crab cakes, mussles and shrimps in garlic sauce. All the dishes were very good but not spectacular. Service was relatively fast and friendly. Although the specially recommended hot Goldwasser drinks with fresh ginger were excellent, the wine was a disappointment. There were two red wines available by the glass. We ordered the one from Veneto, but it did not taste as such but more of a cheap table wine. In the bill we were charged for the other red wine (Motepulciano). Probably we ended in getting that one (the price was the same). However, the beer was good and cheap, as always in Poland. In general, the prices are reasonable but not low (mains around 40-50 zlt). If you like to choose from a wide variety of fish/seafood, this is a good option.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I went this restaurant twice. Taste of French oyster was average, but not so many restaurants in Poland offer raw oysters, it was good finding. What I was impressed the most is their bouillabaisse. It has much seafood in one bowl and it's worth trying. Prawns in garlic sauce was also good, prawns are definitely fresh and its sauce goes well with baguette. This restaurant is open from noon so if somebody wants to eat in a quiet mood, I recommend to visit lunch time.