“Fresh fish”

Restauracja Targ Rybny
Ranked #23 of 500 Restaurants in Gdansk
Price range: US$5 - US$80
Cuisines: Polish, Seafood, European, Soups, Central European
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fresh fish”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Two weeks ago we spent 4 days in beautiful Gdansk. On our first evening we managed to get a table in the terrrace of this nice restaurant. Food was really good. Their lobster soup was really delicious. The main course and desert were also very taisty. Only one small complain. The soup was served imidiately after getting our aperitives. The service in the restaurant was super

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
“Good fish, double priced "fish of the day"”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I spent few days in Gdansk, and I planned to enjoy the taste of Baltic sea fishes each day. As soup I choose Gazpacho: here they make it with a lot of tomato, and with less of different vegetables, but with too many peppers. The "fish of the day" was kind of a Baltic sea fish according to the waitress, so I choose that one, even if the name of the fish was unknown for me. Suprisingly I received a 2 portions large fish, even the plate was not big enough to the size of the fish (picture attached). Taste of the fish was good, but the portion was extremly large, and also the price of it was double as much, as any other fish dishes on the menu. It was not fair from the waitress, that she did not warned me, that I should expect double portion and double price for the "fish of the day". Unfortunately the same surprise hit a gentleman in another table, as well. It is an unfair behaviour from a restarurant, even if the food tastes well.

1 Thank Adrienn3
Warsaw, Poland
“Huge disappointment”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I visited the fischmarkt with my boyfriend after reading reviews on tripsadvisor and it was a real disappointment. We waited soooo long for ordered fish and we were really starving. After receiving the ordered dish we were surprised because the portion was tiny - especially the portion of halibut was particularly small. It was served on mash of tapinambur and a drop of sauce. The quality of the dish was definitely not worth its price. Still hungry after the main meal we ordered desserts and it was even worse. Lime mousse didn't taste like lime more like a cleaning detergent and the tiramisu- brownie cake was dreadful. Honestly I don't remember when I ate such a disappointing meal. It was very loud in the restaurant so the atmosphere was not very nice. The staff was nice though we had to ask them for menu, desert etc.

1 Thank K260581
Florence, Italy
“Absolutely overrated”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The restaurant is placed in the strategic fish market square and exhibits both outside and inside a cunning sea restaurant look. The service is fast (maybe too fast...), but the quality of food is definitely below the level of other restaurants I tried in Gdansk. I am not a delicate stomach, so the fact that my digestion process during the night had problems only with the food served in this restaurant must just mean something. If you add to this the fact that this place is also more expensive than others, I do not need to go further....

• Visited June 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Seafood, Convenient Location”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the Admiral Hotel, and it did not disappoint. Since it was just around the corner, it was convenient. The night we went, we ran into a fellow diner that had found the restaurant on Yelp. There was a good selection of fresh seafood at reasonable prices. We also found a good selection of wine to pair with our seafood entrees. We ate here for dinner and then lunch a few days later. We would highly recommend the Fishmarket if you are looking for good seafood while in Gdansk.

• Visited May 2014