“location and liquor”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Goldwasser

Goldwasser
Ranked #11 of 490 Restaurants in Gdansk
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, View, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: It's in the same building as Goldwasser appartements that already are listed on TA.
deal, kent
“location and liquor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

the menu is varied and easy for those from various cultures to find something acceptable. The name goes with the special local liquor which rounds off a relaxed dinner in a great location.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
“Great food and service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

we do not often experience amazing service at typical "touristy" locations, quite the opposite. So we were very skeptical heading to Goldwasser for dinner. Thankfully we were positively surprised. The service was amazing, the food was very good (we are quite some foodies so saying that food was amazing is reserved only for a chosen few places) and of course the ambiance of the perfect summer evening was perfect. Our mixed group of affluent Poles, well worldwide traveled Germans and Americans were all very pleased. The only few things I would recommend working further on are: wine list (it had good wine options for Polish standards but we are big red wine connoisseurs and wish we had a more extensive list of bold reds albeit pricier ones), restrooms (they were fine but in a restaurant of this caliber I would expect them to be immaculate) and lack of nice cloth napkins.

• Visited August 2014
Eurajoki
“Perfect dinner with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a perfect long dinner in Goldwasser with friends during this summer St Dominic´s Fair. It was a must to have reservation which was easy to do with e-mail before our trip. We had a table upstairs. Service was friendly, elegant and professional. Polish menu was perfect and I would highly recommend it. They have good wine list and it was easy to find nice couple for your meal. Bought also two bottles of their famous liquor for souvenir. Restaurant is just 2 minutes walk from Hilton.

• Visited July 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Crowded place with great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were lucky to make reservation for a table for 6 on a Saturday night. People everywhere, and hard to get through to get to the table. When we were seated we had the most helpful waiter. We all went for the 4 course menu with Chateaubriand. All the courses were great, and the meat I got was extremely tasty and tender. Others got bigger pieces of meat with lower quality though. Guess I was very lucky. Some of the wines were sold out, but we got a good white and a good red wine. The prices are so low we could hardly believe it. Definitely value for money.The only nuisance was 4 drunk and very loud Norwegian woman at the neighbor table. I hope they will never come back. But I will!

• Visited June 2014
Florence, Italy
“One of the best in Gdansk,but pay attention to neighbors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

During a week of stay in Gdansk, I tried several restaurants and Goldwasser, together with Cala Naprzrod, was definitely one of the 2 best I found, but is also true that it is always crowded. I was twice here for dinner and I had both fish and meat: in both cases dishes were very delicate and well prepared. The price is just a bit higher than the average, but the quality of food is high here. The only flaw is service, that may happen to be too slow because the waiters tend to grant a privilege to tables with people drinking and eating more than average, certainly because they expect a bigger tip. The second time I was sitting nearby a table with 10 americans, that in addition to screaming and disturbing me, attracted like a magnet a waitress that several times joined them in long discussions about any favourable (to her) topic, aiming at getting additional orders of wine liquors and...goldwasser. The result was that all my orders were delayed by half an hour, and my second beer arrived after I had finished my meal. So double check your neighbors or, if you like a quiet environment with the same (and maybe even higher as far as fish is concerned) quality, try Cala Naprzod, that adds also a very nice view if you can get a place on the terrace.

• Visited June 2014