“Food good, service terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Santorini

Santorini
Ranked #372 of 489 Restaurants in Gdansk
Cuisines: Polish, European, Greek
Denver, Colorado
“Food good, service terrible”
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

While I'm an American, I can say that I do not hurry through meals. I once spent 3 hours in Rome just getting a slice of pizza and a drink and it was great. I enjoy dinner in a place with relaxed service, but this place crossed the border into Neglect Land and kept going. I sat outside after being sat for about almost 20 minutes and was about to leave when someone finally came out to get a drink order. I can wait a long time if I have a drink in front of me. I should have left. I had beet soup and meat dumplings. Both were good. I would have liked another beer while I was eating. About 20 minutes after I had finished eating the waiter shows up and asks if I want another. I was thinking about desert and coffee but I was unwilling to risk another 90 minutes to get it.

I can't remember the last time I didn't leave a tip. Any tip at all. Maybe 10 years ago? That says something about how poor the service was. I hung around for a moment after I had paid and left. Guess who showed up at the table to check for a tip in about 5 minutes?

I've read many reviews for Gdansk and slow service seems to be a frequent complaint. So maybe that's just how it is here.

Like I said, the food was okay. Setting was passable. Compared to many places here that are positively beautiful, this place was a bit dirty. I don't recommend it.

1 Thank KerwinLumpkins